PDA

View Full Version : Walking video games?

Raichu86
07-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Nintendo is taking a new approach to advertising. :laughing:

http://slashdot.org/articles/02/07/09/192258.shtml?tid=127

A guy is going to wear a flat screen TV on his stomach, batteries on his back, and a game console + controllers on his waist. His goal will be to attract people who are walking by on the street to play games. I bet that will be a fun job. DON'T PULL THE CONTROLLER SO HARD! :lmao:

What do you think of this?

There's some funny comments, like grabbing the wrong thing when you go for the controller... :odd:

Cronic
07-09-2002, 06:42 PM
as Nintendo tightens its stranglehold on "Queer" ....

Beldaran
07-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

lmao no kidding.

However, I think they are still highly marketable to the age group that we were in when we first saw Nintendo.

Artevoi
07-09-2002, 07:22 PM
It takes a different kind of man to do something like that, a kind I am so fuggin' glad not to be.

Mak-X
07-09-2002, 07:34 PM
That's for that summer job contest where they pay you to talk and show off video games. Sounds like a good job but I wouldn't carry a monitor on me so people could play.

MottZilla
07-09-2002, 08:54 PM
You should jump him and steal the flat screen TV. That's a pretty exspensive thing on his chest :p

slothman
07-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
You should jump him and steal the flat screen TV. That's a pretty exspensive thing on his chest :p
Hey now someone stole my idea. How do you get a job like that anyway. Do you have to kiss some low persons foot? :D

Raichu86
07-09-2002, 09:33 PM
I wonder how much that expensive thing on his chest WEIGHS. The only flat screens I have are monitors, and they're pretty heavy (yes, they are 13" to 15" ) to be toating around on your belly. :laughing:

skidphyzz
07-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Summer jobs shouldn't suck.

www.nintendo.com

Dracula
07-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

Not ONE fanboy should disagree with you there... Unless it's a fairy.

That's just as dumb as when Nintendo hired people to dress up like Pikmin and hugged people walking into different places... This is getting strange... Of course, it works with kiddy games, not Metal Gear Solid or Castlevania games. Just imagine, someone wearing leather on the street with a whip... (bad image.... BAAAD image...) or a guy in blue sneaking around saying stuff like "Can you shoot me, ROOKIE?" Nintendo, let the 3rd party games help you!!!

Raichu86
07-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Dracula
That's just as dumb as when Nintendo hired people to dress up like Pikmin and hugged people walking into different places...

That story nearly made me throw up. :sick: I don't consider Pikmin to be a kiddie game... at least I didn't before Nintendo kiddified it. :laughing: Nintendo does ruin their games by doing crap like that, but I don't think the guy with the TV on his stomach is going to ruin anything.

Grasshopper
07-10-2002, 12:40 PM
I think the walking gamer would be kind of comical if they got some rude abnoxious guy to walk around making fun of people. "You call yourself good? My grandmother plays better than you"

But, the walking Pikmin...I'm not hugging no Pikmin. They stay away from me, I'll stay away from them....far away.:tongue:

mrz84
07-10-2002, 10:10 PM
:odd: that's just not right.....:odd:

Fiyerstorm
07-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Could be worse...he could of had to been dressed up as a banana.....or hotdog..or hamburger.

O_O

*Remembers an epsidoe of SC7LA when Jo was a burger and Brad was hotdog and they got in a fist fight.