PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for the Qdb,Tileshop,Midishop,ect...

Bloodstar64
07-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Why not link them all to the forums?

For example if you sign up at the forums you are also signed up at everywhere else. There could be a new counter that tells how many quest in the qdb

Example:
Quest:8

So why not? It would make usernames much eaiser to handle. It looked werid at the qdb when a mid/oldbie had a different username then there forum name.

What do you think?

Kratheous
07-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Well... that would be swell an everything... the only problem is, we'd have to have 4 different copies of vB... totalling $640 dollars... not including AGN's copy, which would make it $800... not to mention, sharing of user databases, which would then make me, Cyclone, DC, and Menokh administrators here on AGN. GT and DJ too... As our spots would be shared here.

We are, however, linking the QDB, MDB, and TDB together... And, I'll see about cross-linking vB with wBB... it may not be possible... if not, then you'll have to register at 3 places (though that's better than 5)... The DB trio, AZC, and AGN.

Cyclone
07-09-2002, 12:52 AM
You left off one thing. Server space. Remember the mass prune? That was because we were running low of space for this single domain. Putting everything on here would totally compromise the space, and I mean heavily (unless WL decided to do something to increase the space).

Granted, I think the QDB, TS, and MS could all have their own forums here; that would be where more space is present, though. And the latter won't be happening; otherwise, I'd already be bugging Jarrod to do it. :D

BTW, I removed the words, "Keep it the way it is" from the second option. You see, we're NOT keeping it the way it is, but rather creating a new site for all three. Hope you don't mind. :)

Cyclone