PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time: A few mysteries...

Raichu86
07-08-2002, 06:00 PM
There's a few of things I've always wondered about in Ocarina of Time. I just can't figure out what they're for. :sweat:

1. The first bean spot in the lost woods (place with the pillars and the forest exit bridge). What good does it do to plant the bean? I haven't figured anything out.

2. The second bean in the lost woods (where the Forest Stage is). Another pointless bean? I don't know.

3. Chicken in the windmill (Adult Link). There's a chicken in the windmill (graple from the potion shop roof to get to it). What is it there for? It can get me to previously unreachable places, like the roof of Bazaar, or the slope to the right when you enter the village. Otherwise, it's pointless.

Does anybody know?

ZeldaLord
07-08-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86
There's a few of things I've always wondered about in Ocarina of Time. I just can't figure out what they're for. :sweat:

1. The first bean spot in the lost woods (place with the pillars and the forest exit bridge). What good does it do to plant the bean? I haven't figured anything out.

2. The second bean in the lost woods (where the Forest Stage is). Another pointless bean? I don't know.

3. Chicken in the windmill (Adult Link). There's a chicken in the windmill (graple from the potion shop roof to get to it). What is it there for? It can get me to previously unreachable places, like the roof of Bazaar, or the slope to the right when you enter the village. Otherwise, it's pointless.

Does anybody know?

1. It's was meant as a shortcut to get to the bridge if you're delivering the mushroom without Epona.

2. A gold skulltulla appears here at night.

3. Just a little programmer's joke. :laughing:

Raichu86
07-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Thank you. :D

I had suspected the 3rd one was a joke... Oh well, one can always hope. :shrug:

obi
07-08-2002, 06:33 PM
There was an acuall point to the chiken in the windmill, all be it pointless, but I head there was some trick to getting onto the bazzar roof with it. It's pointless as you can only walk on the roof with it but still.

Heres one, once you fight ganon and lose tha master sword, save then restart, you can then have some fun with items beignset to the B button aparently, although I havent tried it myself -

I got all of this from this site - http://www.angelfire.com/or/closetofhyrule/TheClosetofHyrule.html

Guess who it beongs to?? Also some cool things to do in Oot there. have fun ;)

Raichu86
07-08-2002, 06:40 PM
I'm fully aware of the swordless trick. I don't have the golden cartridge, so I can't do that trick. But there's tons of stuff it can lead to, like flying Epona through the air, or getting to secret areas where the programmers say something like "A CRITICAL ERROR IS HAPPENING... OH MY GOD!!!" :lmao:

ZeldaLord
07-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by obi
There was an acuall point to the chiken in the windmill, all be it pointless, but I head there was some trick to getting onto the bazzar roof with it. It's pointless as you can only walk on the roof with it but still.

Heres one, once you fight ganon and lose tha master sword, save then restart, you can then have some fun with items beignset to the B button aparently, although I havent tried it myself -

I got all of this from this site - http://www.angelfire.com/or/closetofhyrule/TheClosetofHyrule.html

Guess who it beongs to?? Also some cool things to do in Oot there. have fun ;)

WTF?!?! Zelda64Gld?! So he can spell correctly. :eek:

The Savior
07-08-2002, 06:54 PM
I think that it's a joke, because it produces garble. But I might be wrong.

mrz84
07-08-2002, 07:12 PM
maybe he set ot up so its random. :kawaii:

Artevoi
07-08-2002, 08:45 PM
From "The Endless Questions of Zelda 64" in Zelda64gld's page:

How can the Gerudos only have 1 male child every hundred years. Let's assume Gerudos can't have children after 45. She then has a male child. 15 years later another Gerudo has a female baby by the male Gerudo. 45 years later that child has her last child, a female. 60 years have passed since he was born. Let's assume he has a one last kid, a female. He is now unable to have any kids. Shouldn't the Gerudo race be dead after this child dies, at about 70 years old. At this time the race can be at most about 175 years old, but then it wouldn't be much of a race, would it? The only way possible for this to be possible is asexual reproduction. Is that what happens?

Am I the only one who talks to everyone in the towns? A guy in Hyrule Castle Town mentioned that the Gerudos sometimes come to the town looking for "boyfriends." That's most likely how they reproduce.

mrz84
07-08-2002, 09:13 PM
i know what you mean. he makes it sound like all OoT players are morons. most of the site is funny though. but that least wanted code thing is....disturbing. :sweat:

The Silent Assassin
07-08-2002, 09:22 PM
1. There used to be a HC there. They removed it though.

vegeta1215
07-09-2002, 12:40 AM
#3, the chicken in the windmill, does have a purpose: If you pick it up and run, it will fly and let you hover for a bit, and looking a the village while flying is breathtaking, not to mention very fun.

ZeldaLord
07-09-2002, 07:09 AM
But it's still a joke.

Artevoi
07-09-2002, 09:12 AM
#3 - That damn chicken had me stumped for weeks. Still it is fun to start flying with it from up there.

Raichu86
07-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
1. There used to be a HC there. They removed it though.

Didn't there also used to be a HC piece on the Kokiri shop? A weird player's guide I picked up in an HEB (somebody had dumped it, it wasn't being sold) showed a picture of one up there, but there isn't one.

I bet Nintendo is just like me. Can never put the right number of HC pieces. :D

I sure wish I had the golden cartridge. :sweat:

SS4 Goku
07-09-2002, 12:53 PM
i have that players guide and i could never find that damn heat piece. it was the only one i did not find. so i used a gameshark and gave myself all the hearts. i don't think it is even in the game.