PDA

View Full Version : A Little Rant About People Complaining About Old Topics.

The Silent Assassin
07-07-2002, 12:51 PM
Ok...let's have a little chat. This whole "you bumped up an old topic, dei!!!!1111" stuff is getting annoying. There is not a rule against posting to any open topic so long as it is a post within the rules. Yes, if the post is nothing but a "Yeah" and is spam, then that person will be dealt for the same violation as if he posted it in a new thread.

However, it's not ever bad to reply to old topics. I mean, some people who are new go back and re-read old posts to catch up on what goes on here at AGN. It's actually a smart thing to do. If they see something that interests them, then they'll go ahead and post.

I mean, in some cases, I wish people would do this. For example, that topic about "How you found out about AGN". I can't cound how many times a thread like that has been made. If people would just go back, find one...and reply there...they could read up on what we said, give their 2 cents, and then prompt newer members to follow suit. That's just one case of being more efficient.

Don't always look at things so negatively. There is always something positive you can draw from.

Selah
07-07-2002, 12:56 PM
:hug: Thank you TSA thank you. finally someone enjoys a little opening of old topics.

AlexMax
07-07-2002, 01:20 PM
I just hate it because it's become a trademark of mine to hate people who top old topics.

People think somthing is wrong with me if I don't jump down their backs. I really dont care now, so I try to make the 'why did you top this topic?' do be as mildly entertaining as possible.

The Silent Assassin
07-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Offtopic: I thought your trademark was Mr. Anime.

3-Headed Monkey
07-07-2002, 01:28 PM
I agree, there's no reason to be mad at someone just because they still want to say something. I used to go to the last page on GameFAQs and bump a topic. In fact, in gamefaqs, people don't get mad if you have a message that just says "bump" because you want it bumped.

The Savior
07-07-2002, 02:07 PM
It just boggles my mind why anyone would find a year old topic with links in it, and then post about the links not working. Think, people, think!

Paradox
07-07-2002, 02:38 PM
i've said it before and i'll say it again: shut up about old topics. they're there, they can be posted on, people can be happy. good.

Darunia
07-07-2002, 03:05 PM
As long the reply is not a "bump" or "reply!" to things like the "Why your username?" and stuff.. ok. But try to not to reply to 30-40 old topics... 2-3 and ok, or at least, don't flood first page with old topics :sweat:

And to new members: Ok if you reply to old topics, but try to post in the new ones.. In another board, some people did almost all their posts in old topics.. why? There is new topics for reply too. If you don't like actual topics, don't register, don't reply, or do a new thread. But don't do a lot of replies in old topics.. will end being annoying.

Raichu86
07-07-2002, 03:58 PM
It doesn't really bother me, as I've said before. There's some bad things about bumping old topics, there's some good things. Maybe we should all be quiet and ignore it.