PDA

View Full Version : Need some music... (Idea totally not stolen)

Mitsukara
07-07-2002, 02:42 AM
For several weeks I have gradually grown more and more bored of my music collection, and am looking (thus far failingly) for some new additions. Anyway, I won't list every individual song that I have, but here's an outline of the main songs that I have and like, to (hopefully) give you a general idea of what I like (note that this is mostly in no particular order):

General Soundtrack from Dragon Quest/Warrior I-IV (II recieves special recognition)
Egao no Miraihe (from Love Hina)
Liddo Kun's Theme (LH)
Sakura Saku (Love Hina opening)
Heart Wow Wow (LH)
Rockman/Mega Man X 2 soundtrack (X - Hunter Base stations 1 & 2 theme and the ending theme recieve special recognition)
Soundtracks from Rockman I (Fam/NES), II (Fam), II (Gameboy), III (Fam)
Flame Man's Theme (from Rockman 6)
Pharoah Man's Theme (Rockman 4)
Soundtrack from Final Fantasies I-V (Prologue theme, FF1 Matoya's theme, FFIIj battle theme, FFIIIj Crystal Dungeon theme, FFIV overworld theme, and FFV Hiryuu Theme recieve special recognition)
Michael Jackson's Thriller and Bad Albums (Beat It recieves special recognition)
The Jackson Five - I'll Be There
Huey Lewis and the News' Sports album
Huey Lewis and the News' "Jacob's Ladder" and "Happy To Be Stuck With You"
The Back to the Future soundtrack (The Power of Love recieves special recognition)
Wierd Al Yankovic's "The Food Album", "Bad Hair Day", "Running with Scissors", "Dare to be Stupid", and "The TV Album" (The Rye or the Kaiser / Theme from Rocky XIII, Everything You Know Is Wrong, Your Horoscope for Today, and Dare to Be Stupid recieve special recognition; Polka Power! recieves ugly, smelly, gnarled recognition)
Some other stuff I forgot

Anyway, any suggestions you can make based on this annoyingly-worded over-recognizing list would be appreciated.

The Savior
07-07-2002, 01:52 PM
She's a thief! A filthy vagabond! Just kidding. Get every Wierd Al song you can, they're all good.

Toolie
07-07-2002, 02:05 PM
It depends on what type of music you like... I can list off all the bands I have more than 4 or so songs from...

A New Found Glory
AC/DC
Aerosmith
AFI
Aha
Alien Ant Farm
American Head Charge
Apartment 26
Ataris
Basement Jaxx
Billy Joel
Bloodhound Gang
Blur
Boxcar Racer
BT
Bush
Carlos Santana
CCR
Coal Chamber
Daft Punk
Dave Matthews Band
David Draiman
Deftones
Disturbed
Dope
Dub Pistols
Godsmack
Goldfinger
Green Jelly
Guns N Roses
Huey Lewis & The News
Incubus
Jimmies Chicken Shack
Korn
Led Zepplin
Lenny Kravitz
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Matchbox 20
Metallica
Mindless Self Indulgence
Moby
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Orgy
Pink Floyd
Poison the Well
Powerman 5000
Queen
REM
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reel Big Fish
Rob Zombie
Rockapella
Sevendust
Slipknot
Smashmouth
Something Corporate
Spineshank
Staind
Static-X
Styx
Sugar Ray
System of a Down
Tenacious D
The Who
Tool
Weezer
Wheatus
Wierd Al Yankovic
Zebrahead

Plus a crap load of individual songs and crap.

Breaker
07-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by The Savior
Get every Wierd Al song you can, they're all good.

If you're ten years old, :shrug:

Paradox
07-07-2002, 02:41 PM
what about blink 182? (i know that's not really what you outlined, you can just try different types of music, like classical or something too.)

Beldaran
07-07-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Breaker

If you're ten years old, :shrug:

No way dude! I'm nearly 21, I'm a professional musician, and I LOVE WIERD AL! He's so funny, creative, and talented. I dig his stuff.

The Savior
07-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran

No way dude! I'm nearly 21, I'm a professional musician, and I LOVE WIERD AL! He's so funny, creative, and talented. I dig his stuff.

Couldn't have said it better myself.