PDA

View Full Version : HS Over

Happyman
07-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Hookshot over combo is exactly the same as Ladder only. There is no difference.

So what is the best way to get a tile that doesn't let you pass in anyway EXCEPT to hookshot over it?

In my quest, it would work to put spikes, since there are no boots, and no push flags, since there is stuff to push.

But if Hookshot over is not supposed to let you cross with the ladder, than its a bug, and this thread needs moving.

I'll edit in a screen shot in just a minute.

Jigglysaint
07-06-2002, 05:35 PM
The combo is useful in caves and overworlds so it's not that bad.

ZeldaLord
07-06-2002, 06:29 PM
I suggest making HS over a flag, it'd be easier.

Happyman
07-06-2002, 08:15 PM
But what I need is a combo that cannot be passed through in any way except by hookshotting over it. The current HS Over lets the ladder go through it. I use ladder in other parts of the screen, so the brute force solution "Don't use 'Use ladder' flag" is no good.

Is your idea to make HS Over a flag possible, or a suggestion?

And I still don't know what the difference between it and Ladder only is.

I'll just use spikes and no push flags. :(

JayeM
07-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Make the HS over 2 tiles deep and you can't cross with the ladder.

Happyman
07-06-2002, 10:08 PM
In challenging puzzles, you have to make use of every tile though.

My quest requires a lot of ZC tricks to do, such as pushing things over spikes, when the under combo is a floor, so that they turn into floors.

Cloral
07-07-2002, 04:09 AM
The point of the matter is, HS Over doesn't work properly. It is supposed to only let you over with the hookshot, but the ladder works too. This is a bug.

I'll leave it up to you though happyman if you want to make a post in the bugs forum...

ZeldaLord
07-07-2002, 07:06 AM
But if you wanted to hookshot over a pit or stair combo, you wouldn't be able to. If HS Over was a flag, you could do that.

Happyman
07-07-2002, 07:37 AM
Yea I thought it might be a bug.