PDA

View Full Version : Item bubble???

Petoe
07-06-2002, 02:43 PM
What are those new item bubbles? I haven´t seen an explanation anywhere.

Nick
07-06-2002, 03:22 PM
They disable the use item button instead of the sword.

throttleman
07-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Yes! Yes! Do tell. I think a brief description of new enemies would be nice in the help file. I know that all the old enemies are listed on the ZC home page.

edit: Nick you snuck in there while I was writing this. Thank you for the info.

Happyman
07-06-2002, 05:14 PM
This thread has enemy descriptions. (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58994)

All of them except for the item bubble are there. I think...

ZeldaLord
07-06-2002, 05:16 PM
No it doesn't, it only has the csets.

Nick
07-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Just for the heck of it, I might make a list of all the newer enemies with stats about them and... PICTURES!

Petoe
07-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Do that...and thanks!

Happyman
07-06-2002, 08:17 PM
Yes do Nick. Would be helpful. Send it to JayeM so that he can update zquest.txt in newer versions.

ZL, there are very brief descriptions after the CSets. Not for the wizzrobes though.

Nick
07-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Basically, I'm going to post it in a topic here tomorrow and start updating it. I'm doing that so I can actually get anything I miss fast and get input.

I'm hoping it will help people because there have been many "what does this enemy do" questions lately.

Zquest.txt is already so huge you can't use notepad to view it, so I'm not sure about that.

Edit: If someone has "blown up" pics of some of the new enemies for classic style, I'd be happy if you could lend them to me. Thanks. :)

Happyman
07-06-2002, 09:04 PM
Hey Nick, I'll help you with your list.

I will take care of all of the wizzrobes.

You can do the rest.

When you get your topic ready, PM me, and I'll post my wizzrobe data in it.

Nick
07-06-2002, 09:17 PM
I'm already doing all the stuff (most of it is done)... I just need the csets for all the enemies and the blown up pics. If I don't have blown up pics, I'll use actual screenshots for the moment.

The basic format right now is...

Name:

Difficulty:
Speciality (or attack moves):
Weakness:
Cset:
Misc (other info that doesn't fit in the categories):
Pic:

I'm typing it in a .txt file that is set up so I can just copy/paste it into a post. I might make an HTML version once everything is finalized.

Is there anything else you think should be included? Should I include the locations for the new enemy tiles (they are in a pdf already included with Zquest, but just a thought)?

Happyman
07-06-2002, 09:31 PM
I will be putting in the first "waiting" tile of new enemy tiles if you are. It's your decision.

I will reformat my notes right now.

Also, I will probably be using blown up pics. 200% should be enough.

EDIT: I'm putting in life and damage as well. Life in wooden sword hits, and Damage in hearts with no ring. Since you're doing Gohma 3 and 4, don't forget that wooden arrow does white sword damage.

EDIT2: Need me to do anymore enemies? I only have 4 on my hands, and you have about 15. :(

Nick
07-06-2002, 09:37 PM
I could use those pics. :)

I think I'll leave the enemy tile positions out for now.

I think I'll go ahead and use your stuff on the wizzrobes. It will save me the trouble from doing it. :blah:

Edit: I don't think Gohma 3 and 4 can be hit with regular arrows. I'll have to try it and see.

As for sword damage... I don't have the patience to try it. Think you could do that for all of them? It would split things in half.

Happyman
07-06-2002, 10:00 PM
OK, so I can do Enemy tile position, life, (damage?), and pics for them...Alright, that'll do.

I might try to find out if anyone can do the pics for us. VEL is good at that stuff (Zquest concept mockup image, for instance) so I might PM him.

Are these all of the enemies NOT in LoZ? If I missed any, then post them.

Armos*
Bat
Darknut- Death Knight
Darknut- Super
Digdogger kid 1,2,3,4* (* = not putting these in the list, right?)
Gel Tribble*
Ghini 2
Gleeok- 1 head*
Gleeok2 - 1,2,3,4 heads
Gohma 3,4 (Check my link above, DN said something about these)
Item bubble- Normal,Red,Blue
Keese tribble*
Manhandla 2
Octorok, on crack
Patra 2
Patra 3
Stalfos 3
Trigger
Vire tribble*
Zol tribble*

EDIT: We might wanna do the rest of the work through PMs. This thread is titled "Item bubbles", not "enemy descriptions".

The Savior
07-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Happyman
Yes do Nick. Would be helpful. Send it to JayeM so that he can update zquest.txt in newer versions.

ZL, there are very brief descriptions after the CSets. Not for the wizzrobes though.

Just FYI, Jaye is a she.

Happyman
07-06-2002, 11:02 PM
I was wondering when I posted that. I couldn't remember.

Thanx!

ZeldaLord
07-07-2002, 07:11 AM
You forgot fire and fire shooter.

Nick
07-07-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ZeldaLord
You forgot fire and fire shooter.

I added it through a list I sent through PMs last night. I'm not forgetting them. ;)

ZeldaLord
07-07-2002, 12:28 PM
It's just that often people forget them.

Samson007
07-09-2002, 02:39 PM
whats the diff between darknut-deathnight and darknut-super?