PDA

View Full Version : Pure Puzzles

Happyman
07-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Click here to download the brain quest (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zelda-classic/files/Quests/brain.qst)

All of it is puzzles. Except for a custom boss at the end of the demo. But he's really easy. Improved Newfirst graphics.

Feedback is not necessary. Play for your enjoyment.

Only part I is finished. Each part has 10 puzzles and a custom boss, except the boss is easy. There will be at least 10 parts.

Currently the only puzzle set is "Push the bush". You have a bush that you try to push onto a certain tile.

Puzzle sets will make up about 3 parts.

Puzzle sets in planning:
--"Mirror Magic" where pushing mirrors and using your wand to make magic is the key.
--"Virtual Monsters" where using interesting mixes of items to defeat custom bosses is necessary.
--"Hookshot Madness" where pushing hookshot blocks to get around will need doing.

The password is "oops", so you can rip any tile you want from this quest, including the explosion ones. I won't care one bit.

If you're stuck, post here, and I will give you the solution...maybe. However all 10 puzzles are easy, so you probably won't be stuck at all.

In later versions, you're brain will be exploding (hopefully).

That's why it's called the brain quest.

Updates:
-Tygore: String Linking bug
-Happyman: Turtle boss bug
-Zeldalord: Spike damage adjustment
-Happyman: Part II will be using "Hookshot Madness" puzzleset, is not available yet

Tygore
07-06-2002, 03:37 PM
bug- You have a guy talking about pushing a bush in water. But, you have the final string linked to itself, so the string never ends.

Happyman
07-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Whoa...

OK, I'll fix that.

If I upload the updated quest to the same location, will I have to change anything here? I don't think I will...

Tygore
07-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Just make some kind of post/edit saying you updated it.

ZeldaLord
07-06-2002, 06:26 PM
I suggest you change the spikes so they don't kill you instantly, it can get annoying.

Tygore
07-06-2002, 06:39 PM
The spikes killing you is kind of the point: you have to solve the puzzles w/out touching the spikes.

ZeldaLord
07-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Then set continue points throughout, or trigger-perm combos...anything to keep you from having to do everything over again if you die.

Happyman
07-06-2002, 08:21 PM
I changed it to Damage 2, and there are a few fairy flags.

So dl the new version. I just replaced the file where it's uploaded, so just use the same link.

Because its not a fighting quest, I'll explain how to beat the very easy turtle boss. There's only 6 screens.

1. Just hang out in front of him and reflect a fireball onto him.
2. Reflect fireballs back onto him, and try to reflect the magic back too for an easier kill. If the magic hits you, you die.
3. Same as 1, except 2 more fireballs.
4. Same as 2, except 2 more fireballs.
5. Now you must reflect 10 fireballs back, and there will be 8 coming at you.
6. The warp is activated and he is defeated.

As you can see, he is very simple.

Tygore
07-06-2002, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I just stood there...

ZeldaLord
07-07-2002, 05:34 AM
Thanks Happyman.

My problem was, I got quite far, died, and had to do the easy ones over again.

Happyman
07-07-2002, 07:36 AM
I realized, I had to do it over each time I fixed a bug. :(