PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance info and specs for the X-box

Cronic
07-05-2002, 09:10 PM
(This is the X-box version which had to be rebuilt from the ground up due to the hard coding of the PS2)

Skateboard mode: A mini-game which is in actuality an excerpt from Konami's upcoming title "Evolution Skateboarding" which also features Snake as a playable character, and because this is from the game itself more or less it will be a good effort, and some slapped together crappy little mini-game.

Boss Mode: This is another mini-game option which allows you to battle through various bosses including (but notlimited to) Pycho mantis, Sniper Wolf, Vulcun RAven, and orangaton... There's also mention of perhaps making it so that you may fight ALL previous bosses form the MG series.

Costume selection: The costumes availible include Snake, Raiden, Plissken, Ninja, Tuxedo Snake, and my favorite Snake with his original (MGS) suit.

More content (X-Box exclusive): This includes a better level of graphical detail as with the Box they have managed to completely fill a duel layer DVD with better graphics, and improved game data. Another feature that thus far is an X-box exclusive is the fact that the game acts upon the X-box's internal clock =) well in some places... I believe the ship is still a night mission, but this is included in the shell missions as well as VR missions.

Snake Tales: NOt much is known just yet, but these are five complete missions (Complete with story, and even cinematic endings) You'll even meet up with old faces and have old bosses come back to haunt you with a plot line to match =)

Snake tales takes place in the areas you explored in MGS2.

There's so much more, but this title will definitly be a remedy for the X-box =)

AlexMax
07-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Not really. Just a little more graphical fluff is not enough to make me warrent buying an Xbox for the Xbox. If I wanted it, I would get the PC version or PS2 version since I already have one and have a good friend with the other.

Cronic
07-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Well looks like I'll be telling you guys all about and by the time you guys get it the game will be old news =)

It comes out this fall on the X-box, and as late as mid summer of next year on the PS2.

PrfectGREG
07-06-2002, 07:32 AM
Well I have a Xbox AND MGS2 on Ps2, and I havent played it yet. Only as far as the demo went. I cant get into it its kinda lame.

Maverick_Zero
07-06-2002, 07:53 AM
I should get MGS2, I heard in Snake Tales you get to fight Psycgo Mantis again and you get to play as Liquid Snake.

The Silent Assassin
07-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Is Snake Tales an X-Box only? The other X-Box only stuff is nothing special...I played Majora's Mask...time placed events are nothing that great....just make it feel more real.

The Original Snake suit is the bomb.

MottZilla
07-07-2002, 03:28 AM
The original MGS snake suit was great.

And I'm not suprised MGS2 on Xbox will so great, as micro$oft probably payed konami to do so.

The Silent Assassin
07-07-2002, 01:07 PM
Hideo Kojima is doing none of the X-Box only features...heh, that's cool. I knew he hated Microsoft. I heard it wasn't his call, but Konami's CEO who ordered Kojima's staff to re-code the came to X-Box, against his wishes.

But then again, Kojima didn't think there was a market for Metal Gear on GCN...

AlexMax
07-07-2002, 01:29 PM
Yeah well it's good that there is an Xbox version. That way, it's easier to port it off the POS hardware that the Xbox has and move it onto a PC. That would increase it's market substantially.

And with any luck, wine could add support for MGS2 substance and we fould be able to play MGS2:S on a non Microsoft platform for us poor souls without a PS2 to call our own.