PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker for GBA- Good Idea?

3-Headed Monkey
07-05-2002, 02:08 AM
I think it'd be cool. One of my friends had an idea- There could be a fully 3D RPG Maker for GC, and you could have an option to make a 2D one and play it on GC or download it to a cartridge on GBA.

obi
07-05-2002, 08:24 AM
Well there was one for the snes made by Ascii - the same people whmade the original RM2K. The idea was good but the actually process of making it in the actuall console was too slow and limited and therefore did not work. It's a good Idea but best let to a system like the PC. Of course, if you cou7ld then upload it to a cartrirdge, then you are takling my language :)

Mak-X
07-05-2002, 02:53 PM
That would work really well for GCN and GBA.

There is new RPG maker coming for Playstation 2 that's 3-D.

Lone Wolf
07-05-2002, 03:07 PM
They are making a new one for PS2 which was let out in japan..or will be soon, then hopefully everywhere else.

itschris
07-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Here are some screenshots of the PS2 RPG Maker (http://www.dzarchive.com/rpgpavilion/RPGM2/index.shtml).

Lone Wolf
07-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by itschris
Here are some screenshots of the PS2 RPG Maker (http://www.dzarchive.com/rpgpavilion/RPGM2/index.shtml).

WOW they look sweet!!!!!!!!! thanks...it looks like FF7 almost.:eek:

King Link
07-05-2002, 05:37 PM
I think it would be really great if they did the same for GameCube.

And as you know, Sony has created a mouse and computer sort of screen for PS2, I think something like that would be cool for GameCube, allowing easier capabilites and management once GameCube went online as well as easier for certain RTS games and things such as an RPG maker.

3-Headed Monkey
07-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Lone_Wolf

I agree, they look amazing. Hope it comes to Gamecube.

Beldaran
07-05-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by King Link
I think it would be really great if they did the same for GameCube.

And as you know, Sony has created a mouse and computer sort of screen for PS2, I think something like that would be cool for GameCube, allowing easier capabilites and management once GameCube went online as well as easier for certain RTS games and things such as an RPG maker.

Sort of like a...........COMPUTER!!!

Duh, I'm sticking with my PC.:)

Blonde799
07-05-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Lone_Wolf

Too bad the battle system doesn't look the same(DW ripoff). I wish they'd put out some newer screenies, or give out more info. I hate it when publishers hold back on info to keep gamers on edge.:angry:

Raichu86
07-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Maybe an RPG Maker game PLAYER for GBA, so you could build your game on the computer and put it on a flash cartridge. Building on the GBA? I don't think so.

King Link
07-05-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran

Sort of like a...........COMPUTER!!!

Duh, I'm sticking with my PC.:)

Yes, that's exactly it! This way, you could create real cool, fun RPG's on GameCube, get online and play games easier on a powerful new system and still have easy accessibility to playing RTS's on a console.

It would just be simpler for online and RTS games, I think.

Brian
07-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Well, if you want a great 3D (very 3d ;)) RPG maker thats out now, buy Morrowind. It comes with the very tools they used to build the game, so at first its not very user friendly (its like learning an easier version of Visual Basic, but thats quite hard compared to most editors), but it as enourmous flexibility and power. Basic functions actually aren't too hard, and the 3D land editing is fairy simple, and interior editing is comparable to lego building. I haven't tried RPG Maker for myself, so I can't compare it. And the best part is, the quest you make is plugged in to the real game, so you can visit it with your normal game. You can even edit existing space. (go to elderscrolls.com for more info)

3-Headed Monkey
07-05-2002, 11:03 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that you could create a better RPG that way, but it's probably faster and easier to use RPG Maker, which is the only reason I still use it.

Jer1400
07-09-2002, 12:46 AM
RM2K sucks ass! its not even 1/10 as good as the TK! In fact, I'm going to put the link in my sig right now just so people can stop having to deal with RM2K and finally get a real rpgmaker!