PDA

View Full Version : Does ALTADD have cheats???

Mini-Me
07-05-2002, 12:34 AM
..I heard the A Link to Another Dimention is really good, but does it have cheats, or a password?? :confused:

Menokh
07-05-2002, 12:51 AM
what is it with you and cheats?
Have you been spoiled by game genie and game shark?

Just play the damn quest and deal with deaths. It is a great quest and well worth it, trust me.

Mini-Me
07-05-2002, 01:12 AM
ok...

1. yes, I have been spoiled by Gameshark...

2. ok...fine...i'll just play it... it's not like I like to go through the game real quick and stuff... I just like to find my way through the dungens and puzzles and find the items and such and not have to deal w/ enemies as much... If they become a hassle... if I can get through it w/ only a minimal # of deaths, then thats fine... I just like to have backup if i get po'ed!! :kawaii:

Cloral
07-05-2002, 02:40 AM
There's a very easy way to know if a quest has cheats. Play it in the latest beta, and press esc to go to the menu. If a cheats menu exists, then there are cheats available (if there are not cheats in a quest the cheat menu gets hidden).

And I agree with Menokh. Just play the quest - you'll enjoy it a lot more that way.

Dark_Xero
07-05-2002, 09:04 AM
I always found that if you use cheats in games it spoils the whole fun of the game. There's no point of having nice, hard bosses if your just gonna cheat through it. I've also learned not to use it while beta testing..... So like Cloral and Menokh said, play it yourself, and finish it yourself.... well I guess I added that last part.

ZeldaLord
07-05-2002, 09:06 AM
In fact, I think the "cheat" menu should be renamed the "debug" menu, since that's all it's ever used for.

Mini-Me
07-05-2002, 02:38 PM
ok... I get the point... nobody likes cheats... well, I still have just as much fun even with the cheats!... :kawaii:

Raichu86
07-05-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
There's a very easy way to know if a quest has cheats. Play it in the latest beta, and press esc to go to the menu. If a cheats menu exists, then there are cheats available (if there are not cheats in a quest the cheat menu gets hidden).

It's almost as easy to find that out in 1.90. If "enter cheats" is disabled, there's no cheats.

Originally posted by ZeldaLord
In fact, I think the "cheat" menu should be renamed the "debug" menu, since that's all it's ever used for.

Some people include public cheats in their quests. I did so in my first quest.

Qusetonui
07-05-2002, 11:29 PM
Quests aren't even fun with cheats (that's if they're so easy to type in like "debug"). Play quests without cheats (and are bug-free) and see how you like them. They shouldn't be too hard and mastery is required if you want to be a master. Cheats won't make you offically win, you'll just have to play the game again, and try your best shot. Don't ask about the cheat to ALTADD, just play it like normal (I don't know it, so enjoy the quest). Passwords are forbidden, so don't ask for those (UL2000 did that a year ago, and he got in trouble).

ZeldaLord
07-06-2002, 06:24 AM
Well, Link, posting in a thread like this, yet you're the one who asked for the source code. How ironic. :rolleyes:

Nick
07-06-2002, 11:45 AM
He also claims to be able to get into debug mode (something only DN can do as far as I remember). :sweat:

He didn't ask for code... he claimed he had it. :sweat:

Anyway, I was once spoiled by Game Genie, but I ended that when I went back and played LTTP without cheats. I found it fun. Of course, my brother ran off with my SNES though, so I never finished it. :sweat: