PDA

View Full Version : Super Metroid

Tygore
07-05-2002, 12:08 AM
I just got this game used. MAN it's fun! I just got the ice beam.

Any other fans?

vegeta1215
07-05-2002, 12:58 AM
Super Metroid is da shit. period.

This game is what introduced me to the Metroid series. It is so perfect. Probably one of the best SNES games ever. After playing this one, I bought Metroid II for GB and fell in love with it. Just recently I got the original Metroid for NES, and am working on it.

I don't know about you, but I am siked for the upcoming Metroid games! (esp Metroid Fusion!)

Menokh
07-05-2002, 01:05 AM
First Metroid game I ever played.
I still have the original cartridge, and it still works. I also have it emulated. Itis a very fun game.
I used to own the NES game, but I sold it with my NES(biggest mistake I've ever made, I should have kept that NES). So now I must play it as a ROM, but a keyboard or GamePad Pro isn't the same as the NES control pad was.

Mak-X
07-05-2002, 01:15 AM
I've been feeling in the mood to play Super Metroid again after seeing all the Metroid Fusion screenshots. I originally played Metroid when I was younger, but didn't get far because I guess the game scared me. I rented Super Metroid when it came out and really liked it. I probably beat it on the next rental, its not that long of a game. For a vacation trip where I would have to sit in the car for 7hours, I got Metroid II: Return of Samus for Game Boy and played it all the way from when I left, to the place I was staying at and beat it, watching the ending shortly after I arrived. I need to find a copy of Metroid.

Super Metroid is one of the best games for Super Nintendo. It has great graphics, sound and gameplay. EGM ranked it at #1 in their last Top 100 games of all time feature.

vegeta1215
07-05-2002, 01:18 AM
I got Metroid for NES from the Gamestop (previously Funcoland) in Glen Burnie. It was like $11.99. Well worth it if you ask me.

And Menohk, about controllers, I know how you feel. Nothing can replace the feel of the original NES controller. :(

ctrl-alt-delete
07-05-2002, 02:49 AM
Super Metroid is a great game. I love to play it. (OT) HEY MENOKH!!!!! WILL YOU FIND OUT WHAT DRIVER YOUR GAMEPAD PRO IS USING. FOR SOME ODD REASON MINE QUIT WORKING...IT FREEZES UP IN THE MIDDLE OF GAMES, AND I HATE IT MORE THAN ANYTHING!!! WHEN I INSTALL THE GRAVIS SOFTWARE, IT IS EVEN WORSE! HELLLLPPPPP ME!(/OT)

DukenukemX
07-05-2002, 03:02 AM
I have the rom for Zsnes. The game is very addicting.

Took me a few weeks to beat that game.

Ultra22Lemming
07-05-2002, 09:41 AM
Well I love that game. Now it takes me about 3 hours to beat the game. I never tried beating it in under 3 hours. But I have seen Samus take off her suit!

AlphaDawg
07-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Super Metroid is one of my all-time favorites. When I rented it shortly after it came out, I was so determined to beat it over those two days that I think I made about $50 worth of long-distance calls to Nintendo's game counselors. It was all in vain though, as I fell short and had to return the game.

It was not until I got a copy of my own that I was actually able to beat the game. It took me about 9 hours play time, while only finding about 75% of the items. So naturally after that I tried to improve on that time while finding more items. I think the fastest I ever beat the game getting every item was one hour, 42 minutes.

vegeta1215
07-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by AlphaDawg
I think the fastest I ever beat the game getting every item was one hour, 42 minutes.

Damn yo, that's fast! You must know the game pretty well huh? My first time through I finished in a little over 4 hours with about 76% of the items. A few weeks ago I replayed the game using my Super Metroid book and got everything, but it had been so long since I played, that it took me about the same time (~4 hours)

hehe, AlphaDawg, I remember one of your earliest avatars was one with Kraid in it, wasn't it?