PDA

View Full Version : For you Zelda fans...

ZeldaLord
07-04-2002, 12:00 PM
How good are you at Z1?

EDIT: Who checked them all? Let me guess, TSA. :laughing:

Mak-X
07-04-2002, 01:27 PM
Beaten Zelda 1's first quest. Need to do second quest this summer.
Beating the games swordless means going all the way until you need the wooden sword to beat Ganon right?

ZeldaLord
07-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Yes. And no, you can't beat Ganon with the wand.

The Silent Assassin
07-04-2002, 02:24 PM
You can't beat Zelda swordless.

I swear nobody has beaten the 3rd quest without a sword...even up to Ganon. You can't because you can't get the Magic Wand anytime you want.

But I've beaten all three quests. Beaten the first two without dying, never tried the third. And I can beat the first up to Ganon with no sword.

ZeldaLord
07-04-2002, 02:27 PM
READ MY ABOVE POST.

And yes, it is possible to beat 3rd.qst swordless, just really hard. ;)

Elemental Knight
07-04-2002, 02:47 PM
I just beat the Second Quest about an hour ago, with all Heart Containers and items. Had to use GameFAQs once or twice, but otherwise, it's all me.

Cronic
07-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Nintendo didn't make a third quest thus I've never played it. The other 2 I've beaten without dying... first without a sword, but on the subject of OoT... I beat that without even getting hit =/

satanman
07-04-2002, 03:06 PM
:) I checked them all, mwahaha!!
I've never been arsed to go past the second dungeon :)
I checked what's Z1 as well.

ZeldaLord
07-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Nintendo didn't make a third quest thus I've never played it. The other 2 I've beaten without dying... first without a sword, but on the subject of OoT... I beat that without even getting hit =/

Have you been living in a hole lately, or are you just playing dumb?

Cronic
07-04-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaLord

Have you been living in a hole lately, or are you just playing dumb?

Neither, no matter how good the un-official 3rd quest was I won't think of it ever as the "third quest"

vegeta1215
07-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
You can't beat Zelda swordless.

I swear nobody has beaten the 3rd quest without a sword...even up to Ganon. You can't because you can't get the Magic Wand anytime you want

True, you can't beat it swordless. I'll re-word the poll to make it fit better.

And about beating AlphaDawg's 3rd quest swordless...I don't know if it's possible. I asked AlphaDawg if it is, and he said he wasn't sure, but that he was thinking that he could maybe move a few Gleeoks around so it might be possible to get the wand, but I don't think he did or is going to.

As for me, I've beaten the 1st and 2nd quests, gotten to Ganon with no sword on the 1st quest, and also got to Ganon on the 1st quest with the wooden sword and no ring and only 8 hearts (then I beat him, but got the other 8 hearts to do so)

ZeldaLord
07-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215

True, you can't beat it swordless. I'll re-word the poll to make it fit better.

And about beating AlphaDawg's 3rd quest swordless...I don't know if it's possible. I asked AlphaDawg if it is, and he said he wasn't sure, but that he was thinking that he could maybe move a few Gleeoks around so it might be easier to get the wand, but I don't think he did it or is going to.

As for me, I've beaten the 1st and 2nd quests, gotten to Ganon with no sword on the first quest, and also got to Ganon on the 1st quest with the wooden sword and no ring and only 8 hearts (had to get the other 8, total of 16, to beat him with that)

Thanks! :D

I think you can if you get the bow and lots of rupees.

EDIT: Actually, Vegita, this would be better in ZC discussion.

vegeta1215
07-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaLord

Thanks! :D

I think you can if you get the bow and lots of rupees.

EDIT: Actually, Vegita, this would be better in ZC discussion.

Nah, the bow and arrow can kill alot of things, and is powerful, but you need the wand to kill Gleeoks if you don't have a sword.

This topic is ok here. It's General Gaming afterall.

3-Headed Monkey
07-04-2002, 11:19 PM
I've only played the original NES one, and I don't think there is a third quest, but anyway I've beaten the first quest, but I never started the second quest.

Tygore
07-05-2002, 12:05 AM
The "third quest" is the quest made by AlphaDawg that won the 3rd quest contest and is included with Zelda Classic.

zables
07-05-2002, 01:31 AM
Hmm... well i have been the first, second, and third quests without dying but i cant say i have beaten any of them without a sword...

Masamune
07-05-2002, 11:47 AM
you have to get the sword when you reach ganon. it's possible for the rest of the game though....

ZeldaLord
07-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Yes, the wooden sword. :D

vegeta1215
07-05-2002, 04:53 PM
It's tough beating Ganon with the wooden sword. It takes 16 hits to stun him (turn him blue)! And with no ring, it's even harder, but I did it!

mrz84
07-05-2002, 07:13 PM
i don't think i could do that. i have yet to finish playing quest 2 myself. but then again, i've been busy with my real life lately. now i'm stuck in a job search thing. :P