PDA

View Full Version : New Items

Grasshopper
07-03-2002, 11:07 PM
What is the small and large magic jars for, and whats the magic container for. Also, what is the large meter used for, and how do you use it?

Praethus
07-03-2002, 11:47 PM
The small and large jars are what enemies leave behind for you to fill your Magic with. The Magic Container works just like a Heart Container and makes your Magic Meter able to hold more. I'm not sure what you mean about the Magic Meter.

Jigglysaint
07-04-2002, 12:17 AM
First, check the quest rule that enables magic and anything other rule to let item use magic. Then go to sprites-weapons/misc/magic meter and select the first tile in the series of tiles. Then your quest will implement magic. don't worry, more magic items are planned in the future and better magic support is being considered(last I checked).

Grasshopper
07-04-2002, 10:19 AM
cool. :)

So that large meter on the tile pages under new items, is that the magic meter? Or another health meter?

Which rules turn on the magic meter?

Praethus
07-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Yes, that is the Magic Meter. To set it up, go to Sprites (I don't remember which sub-menu) and click Magic Meter. Just select the tile with the 1/2 symbol on it. The rule is Enable Magic. But then you have to select which items use magic. You can choose from the Candle, Boots, and Wand. And I believe the Lens always uses Magic if you have it enabled.

Grasshopper
07-05-2002, 10:26 AM
I tried it out, and I noticed the H doesn't show up. Whats the H there for. And the is a larger meter beside that on the tile screen. How do you use that?

Praethus
07-05-2002, 11:52 AM
The length of the meter depends on how many Magic Containers you have. And I have no idea about the H.

SS4 Goku
07-05-2002, 10:53 PM
if you are using the original tile set the H appeares when you have you magic consumption cut in half. it is a room type or that can be set in the init. data in Zquest

Happyman
07-06-2002, 01:13 PM
The room type is Magic Upgrade, btw.

If you want to customize your magic meter, and you don't know what tile goes where, then you can ask.

SS4 Goku
07-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Sorry i could not remember what it was called. haven't slept in a while.

Grasshopper
07-12-2002, 02:55 PM
What about the arrows and bombs that have numbers. Are they dropped randomly by enemies? Or can you use them as normal items.

And...what is "Misc: More..." under Sprite->Weapons suppose to be?

Happyman
07-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Alrighty. In strings, you'll see the Next String box. This shows which string comes after that string. You can chain all of the strings together if you like.

Misc More is the tile that appears when you need to press A for the next string.

Where does it appear? Set it yourself in the final page of Init Data. Misc more x, Misc more y.

Samson007
07-17-2002, 09:06 PM
it has a magic meter now COOL! ive been gone for a while and i come back to some good stuff.:thumbsup: