PDA

View Full Version : Quick memory tip for PS2 gamers who still play PSOne games...

WarOmnimon
07-03-2002, 06:20 PM
I just wanted to come over and share this with everyone who uses PSOne games on their PS2. It will help save room on your PSOne memory card, and it's like having a bunch of them. :)

First, you need to copy your PSOne saves to your PS2 memory card. If you're using one of those 16 Meg cards which use Memory Manager Plus, you'll have to use the option to open the browser when you decide to start a game.

When you're going to play the game that uses a PSOne save, IE for Dynasty Warriors 1, copy the PSOne save from the PS2 card to the PSOne card, and use the PSOne card.

When you're finished copy the new save from the PSOne card to the PS2 card.

Ain't I a sneak? :mega:

Erasul
07-03-2002, 07:10 PM
You can't put PSOne saves on a PS2 card, I thought...

Kalin
07-04-2002, 03:16 AM
You can store PSOne saves on a PS2 memory card but you cannot save directly to the PS2 card while playing PSOne games.

AlexMax
07-04-2002, 11:17 PM
I heard Warlock got a Mega Memory and it turned out to be a POS.

Be careful with that WO...

zables
07-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Now if i only owned a PS2 @ the moment to try that with, although i know a couple people will love you for sharing that :D

Fatty Lumpkin
07-05-2002, 09:04 PM
I had all my games on a PS1 Mega Memory card and it screwed up and deleted all my games. Including over 120 hours of Star Ocean 2!:cry:

I might do that with some games I never play, but I'd be a pain for my normally-used games..

MottZilla
07-07-2002, 03:43 AM
Get a dex drive for psx so you can store your saves on your PC.

WarOmnimon
07-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax

Seriously though I haven't gotten any trouble with the thing yet. I have a standard one as back-up just in case it DOES break down.

Warlock
07-10-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax

beat me to it :D Interact can friggin' go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I've heard bad things about their GC cards too.. erasing/corrupting data, not being able to find it, etc etc.. MEGA MEMORY CARDS ARE CRAP!

Btw, I have a bitching topic on this somewhere, but to sum up:
-Doesn't always detect the card
-god aweful annoying bootup CD (that pissed me off)
-doesn't work with all games (mine didn't work with any games newer than Oct. 2001 -- which means games like GTA3, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2 to name a few examples of the crap this card was). Incidentally they released a new version of it that supports these, but that is BS... you didn't have to get a new version of the Sony card when these games came out.
-It sucks

P.S. - incidentally their PSX memory card is awesome.. I don't know why their others suck so much.. the PSX one has a ton of space on it, and I even stepped on the thing and it still worked! It was pretty bad too.. It was in my PS2 and and I tripped on it and the plastic stuff all broke off the end (because it was in there).. but it still works fine and it even fits in there ok (not as good as before, but oh well :D) I guess if it does have a flaw it's the damn size of it.. I don't think I would have stepped on a normal PSX card, but of course, those are damn small and remind me too much of the damn small Gamecube memory cards (yes, I think they suck.. I want the new one.. I am sick of having to delete game data when I rent a new game)