PDA

View Full Version : Ainmal Crossing

EWild
07-03-2002, 05:00 PM
OK while I was reading my new NP isue I came across a game called Animal Crossing, at first it looked crappy and childish but after I read the article it sounded cool. There is no real story-line. It's a real-time game that never ends and the game plays even when you're not. IE: People die, people go away, people get mail etc. You can make your own house with what ever you want, customize your self, and every time you start a new game the first twon is different, not one of the starting towns are the same. There's a huge world to explore. You can make friends and enemies, it bascaily a second life. If you want more info search some up. :D

Mak-X
07-03-2002, 07:57 PM
It's also going to include some old NES games like Donkey Kong and Punch Out!!. It's also compatible with the card-e-reader for Game Boy Advance, so you can I guess buy cards and scan it through the scanner to add stuff to your game. I'm kinda interested in playing it, but it goes after the major games coming from Nintendo this fall for me.

Grasshopper
07-03-2002, 08:09 PM
I think this game sort of puts me in mind of The Sims, or maybe The Sims Online. This game would be really neat if it was online. Unfortunatly, it isn't:shrug:

Warlock
07-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I think it is sort of like Pikmin.. I mean, you see the thing and you are thinking WTF? This game looks like crap. But then you read about it and play it and it is actually pretty damn cool.

I read an article IGN Insider had on the N64 version of that (only released in japan), and the game sounds pretty fun. It sounds fairly non-linear, with different stuff happening on different days and soforth..

But hell, the inclusion of classic NES titles is enough for me :D haha.. I hope I get Donkey Kong if I ever buy it ;) I liked that game..

AlexMax
07-03-2002, 11:25 PM
Sounds like an advanced version of Harvest Moon to me...

I'm intrigued...

mrz84
07-04-2002, 12:20 AM
oh.....nes games included.....must.....buy.....game.....:kawaii:

vegeta1215
07-04-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Warlock
[BI mean, you see the thing and you are thinking WTF? This game looks like crap. But then you read about it and play it and it is actually pretty damn cool.[/B]

Those were my initials reactions too!

I'll give it a try I guess, even though I'm not into those kinds of games. Might be cool.

btw, wasn't there someone on the boards who was really siked about this game? I thought it was AlexMax, but I'm not sure...

Annoying Jammez
08-25-2002, 07:34 PM
I like any sim games and this one looks hella fun!

Icey
08-25-2002, 07:58 PM
I'm really psyched about this game, but it wasn't me you were thinking about :). Anyhow, it looks awesome. Also, I was wondering, which games besides DK and Punchout will be on it? I play the original DK on DK64, so that's not a big incentive to me... and I still play Mike Tyson's Punchout on my NES =-/

But, anyways, the rest of the game looks awesome even so. Even without the NES games I am definately going to buy this :thumbsup:

Warlock
08-25-2002, 08:11 PM
I have to look up the others, but I am pretty sure the Legend of Zelda is on it!

Edit: maybe not.. although I KNOW I read that.. hmm..

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Donkey Kong 3
Tennis
Baseball
Ice Climber
Pinball
Golf
Clu Clu Land
Balloon Fight
Punch Out!

Mak-X
08-25-2002, 08:22 PM
I saw a list that had Zelda on it at the Miyamoto Shrine forums BUT I haven't seen anything myself from reliable sites.

I still hope they'll do Zelda 1 and 2 for GBA with new graphics and stuff.

I want to get Animal Crossing sometime, but it'll have to wait for the other games, like Starfox Adventures.

If they're going to have DK 1 and 3, and DK Junior Math, I hope they have Donkey Kong Junior. (Then again I already have DK Classics for NES but there's the novelty appeal)

Dark_Xero
08-25-2002, 08:43 PM
Well I could E-mail Nintendo and ask, but I don't get it. Are those games going to come as e-reader cards with the game, or actualy in the game and have a big list? I'll ask what Nes games will be coming with Animal Crossing.

Warlock
08-25-2002, 09:03 PM
Yes, that was where I saw it.. but that list came from IGN, so I dunno if Miyamoto Shrine was right.. I believe MS also said SMB would be on it.. would be cool, but I bet IGN is right

Icey
08-25-2002, 10:03 PM
I was wondering the same. Are these inside the actual game... are are you talking about E-reader cards... =-/

Edit:

The main attraction of Animal Crossing however, is the in-game NES emulator. As items you will sometimes come across NES consoles, but these are very rare and you’ll most probably only come across them on special occasions like your birthday or New Years Eve. When found they allow you to play various NES games right from your Gamecube, including Donkey Kong, Clu Clu Land, Punch Out and many others including the games two VERY rare games Super Mario Bros. And Zelda 1

itschris
08-25-2002, 10:57 PM
The game also comes with a memory card for free... It includes one (maybe more, I'm not sure) NES game as a "present".

Yoshiman
08-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Animal Crossing doesn't appeal to me very much. You don't get to kick guy's butts, or play with bombs. But those things are in Starfox Adventures. I'm buying SFA the second it comes out!