PDA

View Full Version : BS Boomerang

commandr
07-03-2002, 04:37 AM
I have just started my first BS quest and I am having a problem with the animation of the boomerang. I am using BS-type animation and the boomerang will not spin when thrown. Instead it just flips.

The tiles are there (3 of them) in my tileset. I have tried to set up a frame animation sequence but that does not work.

Any help?

ShadowTiger
07-03-2002, 09:01 AM
1) What version are you using? (V1.90, or the V1.92 Betas 104 or 163? Because I experienced similar problems with the boomerang not rotating like it is supposed to. Heck, I didn't even change the working boomerang when I changed my quest versions, and suddenly it was giving me problems.

2)Does your boomerang in the ZQuest tiles page look like this: < L V (Not separated by spaces.)? (Points Left, Lower Left, Down?) Because that is how it is supposed to look like. I honestly think that this version isn't quite done yet, but that's the definition of a beta. (or something.)

K-Teclis
07-03-2002, 10:19 AM
I bet it is solution 2)

Nick
07-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Use the last 2 tiles in the animation (select the tile before the last). Do NOT mess with the animation settings!

Doing so messes with the boomerang properties for some reason. I could make the wooden boomerang fly like a magic one.

ZeldaLord
07-03-2002, 11:50 AM
Yeah, that happened to me once... :rolleyes:

commandr
07-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
1) What version are you using? (V1.90, or the V1.92 Betas 104 or 163? Because I experienced similar problems with the boomerang not rotating like it is supposed to. Heck, I didn't even change the working boomerang when I changed my quest versions, and suddenly it was giving me problems.

I'm using 1.90 right now because it is the only version that is easy to find on the web. I found that to be an important concern because I have difficulty tracking down the betas for friends who wish to try my levels. I have 104 on my machine, and am considering trying to use that instead, but I'd like to have 163. Where can I find it?

2)Does your boomerang in the ZQuest tiles page look like this: < L V (Not separated by spaces.)? (Points Left, Lower Left, Down?) Because that is how it is supposed to look like. I honestly think that this version isn't quite done yet, but that's the definition of a beta. (or something.)

Yep, I sure do. :grad:

BS Animation Rule On => Causes flipping problem
BS Animation Rule Off => Works fine (But everything else is screwed up of course!)

Praethus
07-03-2002, 02:00 PM
You can get 163 in the ZCl Discussion forum. It's frozen at the top, you can't miss it.

ZeldaLord
07-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Shouldn't this be in ZC Bug Center?

Nick
07-03-2002, 03:25 PM
This isn't a bug. :sweat:

I bet noone read my post on how to fix it for BS animation. :sweat:

Use the last 2 tiles in the animation (select the tile before the last).