PDA

View Full Version : My Dungeon Stopped Working!

ShadowTiger
07-02-2002, 04:28 PM
I have a problem. a BIG problem.
I made a Dungeon, but in the game it acts like a cave. (specifics below.) I swear, everything was normal. I have made hundreds of dungeons before and they all turned out okay. It mainly involved doors and how they are ALL passages, regardless if I set it to be a passage or not.

All Locked doors, shutters, one way doors, and boss doors (?) are passages.
I put a Fire Shooter enemy as enemy#1 in the upper left hand corner, and he could still shoot me!
(The EXTREME upper left hand corner, that is.
All 4 sides of the screen are totally walkable, whereas in a dungeon you can only walk vertically on top and bottom and horizontally on the left and right sides of the screen.
The MAP IS FINE!!!! This worries me, because a cave has no compass blip, but a dungeon does!
Start positions are off.

So all of this is really scaring me, and my cat hates me now. My toilet tried to bite me, and my popcorn is too hot. All because my dungeon isn't working.

I actually have another... problem. I put one of those spiky rolling cylanders from PrinceMSC's Mystic Land Tileset as a layer in one room to be surrounded by floors, and set it to be transparent to have that grand distanced look.

Now every other time I look at it, It flashed white and look really messed up. Ya gots ta help me! I am sweating mice! (:kitty: :kitty: :kitty: :kitty:) (I know those are cats.)

Thank you.:)

Bloodstar64
07-02-2002, 04:36 PM
Calm down. :)

Are you using the new beta 163? If so then your doors may not be set. Did you give it a level number? That could be the cause of your dungeon not working.

Nick
07-02-2002, 10:36 PM
For problem 2, if you are viewing it in Zquest and it does this, press the "b" key.

ShadowTiger
07-03-2002, 08:58 AM
1) Yes, I am using V1.92 Build 163.
And yes, it is indeed set as level 1. (But it is on map 4. I hope that doesn't make a difference.

And how could my doors not be set if I set them correctly in the template screen AND in the new door template screen under the graphics menu.

2) Why. What does the "b" Key do?

Nick
07-03-2002, 09:10 AM
The "b" key resets the transparency tables on the screen to clear up problems that sometimes happen when flipping through maps with different palattes.

K-Teclis
07-03-2002, 10:17 AM
Do you have the right dmap set?