PDA

View Full Version : An older Ps2 game

MrCow
07-01-2002, 08:36 PM
has anyone ever played grandia2??? I've been playing it for a little while and find it quite interesting and good. I just killed melfice and landed on mareg's home area thingy.

Brasel
07-02-2002, 03:44 AM
Its not at all an older PS2 game...it was an older Dreamcast game however, but when the Dreamcast bombed, they rereleased it on all consoles.

But yeah, its a fun game isn't it? The battles are a lot better than any FF or Lunar game.

MrCow
07-02-2002, 03:02 PM
most definately I almost beat it actually I just got off valmar's moon and am in that town thing where you land when you crashon the granasaber lol so descriptive

Brasel
07-02-2002, 06:21 PM
I haven't gotten that far...my memory card on the DC somehow lost the save file for it after the big cathedral part.

DarkDragoonX
07-02-2002, 06:27 PM
I think the story is far too cliche'. All Game Arts did was regurgitate the story and characters from Lunar. You can literally draw exact parallels between Lunar characters and those in Grandia 2. It does, however, have the best battle system in any console RPG.

MrCow
07-02-2002, 09:12 PM
most definately the coolest battel system on the newer generation system ive ever seen I've actually gotten into this one more then i ever got into lunar. I only made it to the begining of the second disc in lunar then i was just too damn bored with it. THis is a really good game though. find it a little on the easy side. /me is in the last part of valmar I believe after ryudo passes that test thingy

Brasel
07-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
I think the story is far too cliche'. All Game Arts did was regurgitate the story and characters from Lunar. You can literally draw exact parallels between Lunar characters and those in Grandia 2. It does, however, have the best battle system in any console RPG.

Yes, it definately had a very recycled story...but it sure was fun as hell.

MrCow
07-02-2002, 10:04 PM
yes but i find the ending as it all pieces together very interesting. now I just have to finish the game tommorrow morning then im buying gta3. I'll probally go to funcoland and get a copy because i'm that damn cheap:Þ