PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft LAN game goodness

AlexMax
06-30-2002, 10:58 PM
For those people who can't get enough SC, here are two replays (in the Attached File, put them in c:\program files\starcraft\maps\replays)

The scenerio for both times was identical.

MAP: The Hunters (aka, the l33t3st map avalable)
GAME TYPE: Top vs. Bottom
Home team:
* Becca - Terran (My sister. So used to Warcraft 1 that she only uses basic units.)
* fungusdan - Protoss (Friend of mine. I tought him to mass produce. The monster I created...)
Away team:
* AlexMax - Terran (Me)

Yes, my friends, a two on one. Both times. And I won both of them, both very long and hard fought battles.

Anyone have any comments on the battle/any suggestions or improvements on my part?

MottZilla
07-01-2002, 04:50 PM
I've been playing WC3 lately over kali. It's awesome. :p

I think i had to uninstall SC awhile ago, so im back to version 1.0 though.

mrz84
07-01-2002, 05:16 PM
i can't say. i don't have the full sc until i get my new pc this week. then the gaming goodness can begin. :kawaii: until then i'll consider this a very challenging map from my experience i played on sc at school in my free time last year before graduating. :kawaii:

NerdWarrior
07-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Ok: (This is the first replay)
First, you should have been quicker at starting to bulid scvs. Always spend if you can.

Your opponents...well, they were worse, so I won't bitch about it too much. :)

Bunkers were good, until the point came with the 2 firebats.

I'm not sure if you didn't want to lose them/thought there were more enemies inside, etc., but that was a prime moment lost to cripple his army by flaming his probes into dust.

Also, you should upgrade as much as possible.

Good work...especially the big battle with blue. You completely took out his forces. A followup with marines and tanks would have done nicely. Never forget basic units, they still are useful in the later game.

From there, you did well, crippling blue and eventually scaring brown into leaving.