PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2k...

J.J. Maxx
06-30-2002, 04:45 PM
How would someone go about learning how to use this?

Where can I find it? What do I need? Are there good sites out there for beginners? I would like to know.

Tygore
06-30-2002, 05:20 PM
find it http://rm2k.phantomrpg.com

Masamune
06-30-2002, 05:53 PM
i need to relearn how to use it. whats the difference between RPG maker 2k and 95+?

NerdWarrior
06-30-2002, 05:57 PM
Yea, Don's is THE site for rm2k. It has everything, files, graphics, tutorials. You can't really learn RM2k unless you've been to his iste at least once.

Tygore
06-30-2002, 06:08 PM
I think 2k has more features. Basically, no one uses 95+. Just download 2k and be happy.

mrz84
07-01-2002, 07:03 PM
i'm currently creating an rpg based on the bar-buddies comics using rpgmaker2k. i just need DO to get off his behind and make some sprties for it. and i need to ask obi a question or two. :kawaii:

itschris
07-01-2002, 07:11 PM
I started using this about a month ago. I found this tutorial (http://www.geocities.com/alpha_productions2/rm2k_tutorial.htm#Getting%20Started) useful for getting started, and after that I used the tutorials at Don's RM2K site.

KJAZZ
07-01-2002, 08:41 PM
I've been using it for a long time, and it rocks, and has lots of cool features and junk..and go to the links at Don's site, it has more sites with cool tutorials..here are a few that I like..

www.gamingw.net DFW was there b4 AGN! fear it. ;p

www.gaminggroundzero.com it might be .net, I don't remember, I don't care...

So go there..

..Or you could ask KJAZZ, he knows a lot about it..;)

3-Headed Monkey
07-03-2002, 12:57 AM
Tutorials: Gaming Ground Zero - most things you'll ever need

http://www.gaminggroundzero.com/

But, the best thing to do is learn by doing. I actually learned how to use it by using the PSX version, but it's better on PC for multiple reasons.

I think RM95 just has less commands.

I'm making a Resident Evil game with it. Sure, it won't be scary, but it will hopefully have a nice story, but no one would be interested.

obi
07-03-2002, 04:47 AM
I'm sitting here wonderig why no-one use the help file that comes with the program, it helped me out a lot. Also, If somethings confuse you, open up DOn's sample game in the editor and take a look at the kind of code he used. If you are going to make sprites ect it would be best to take existing sprite sheets in the RTP and then just paste your sprites on top of theirs otherwise you must spen ages using Trial and error trying to get the sprites in the right place. It's a fun program and well worth the effort. :)

I might just release my game soon, maybe...

3-Headed Monkey
07-03-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by obi
I'm sitting here wonderig why no-one use the help file that comes with the program, it helped me out a lot. Also, If somethings confuse you, open up DOn's sample game in the editor and take a look at the kind of code he used. If you are going to make sprites ect it would be best to take existing sprite sheets in the RTP and then just paste your sprites on top of theirs otherwise you must spen ages using Trial and error trying to get the sprites in the right place. It's a fun program and well worth the effort. :)

I might just release my game soon, maybe...

Of course! I forgot all about that! That demo game is how the PSX version helped me! That is without a doubt a very easy way to do it.

Tygore
07-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 3-Headed Monkey
I'm making a Resident Evil game with it. Sure, it won't be scary, but it will hopefully have a nice story, but no one would be interested.

Actually, after playing your demo, I'm very interested.

mrz84
07-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by obi
I'm sitting here wonderig why no-one use the help file that comes with the program, it helped me out a lot. Also, If somethings confuse you, open up DOn's sample game in the editor and take a look at the kind of code he used.

hmmm......i never thought about that. maybe i can finally figure out how to make treasure chests to keep from closing and some other stuff. :kawaii:

3-Headed Monkey
07-05-2002, 08:31 PM
I have used RM2K so much that I am actually almost considering calling myself good... except it takes me a long time to make an RPG. If you're trying to be good, try making comical rpgs before making serious ones, they give you practice, and if your first one looks shoddily made, who cares, it's not a real game.