PDA

View Full Version : A most unusual website...

Saffith
06-28-2002, 11:42 PM
Just a rather odd website I happened upon...

http://www.breakthroughgaming.com/

Not trying to start a religious argument here or anything. Just thought it an interesting site.
Gave FFX a 7.6, even though it only scored 2/10 for Christian Morals.

Daarkseid
06-28-2002, 11:57 PM
This site is just BIZARRE. They rate games like any normal game review site does, rating graphics, sound, playability... then they rate how well it follows the Bible... and its not like one of those crazy Christian groups that will damn a movie or a book because it rates horribly with their views, they actually give a game a decent rating without having high christian moral ratings!

slothman
06-29-2002, 12:24 AM
It might be interesting to see what they rate games I've played. It looked like most of them weren't rated yet. I wonder what they would rate something like Pong?

Menokh
06-29-2002, 12:34 AM
I noticed how amazing they found it that Chrono Trigger borrows from Revelations. Dont they realize that Square takes from all mythos? Inoticed the similarities right away(since revelations is the onlt book in the bible I've actually read...)

anyhow, that is one odd site.

zfreak2004
06-29-2002, 12:56 AM
Hmm. Interesting. I agree with them on a lot of things. But they seem to nitpick just a tad too much for my tastes. Especially in the RPG genre. Unless it has real occult rituals in it, then its not a problem to me. Also they picked on the Fortune Teller in Luigi's Mansion. That was so laughable. It made FUN of psychics.

LinkSlash
06-29-2002, 01:35 AM
Special Announcements:
Hello! There is a new review for SSX Tricky! Check it out and have a great 4th of July! God Bless!

I have never seen a site like this before. There was also this thing, Revalation Vs. Chrono Trigger. I think thats strange though mixing religion and gaming into a site like that.

I meen no offence to any member on thse forums.

Hermit
06-29-2002, 07:48 AM
For the first time in a long time... I am utterly speechless. Hell I can't even think of anything to say regarding this... :eek:

So I'll just :eyebrow: and leave it at that.

EWild
06-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Hmmmmmm, they thi8nk Pokemon is a evil game, not that it is but, com'on it's a children's game the same with Hary Potter, there are banned from some school's cuz they make kids pratice witchcraft. And this:"Let no one be found among you...who practices divination or sorcery...casts spells...or who consults the dead." (Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 10-13) They hate Boo from Mario, Mallow, Fajz the Genie for Didy Knog Racing, phycichs, fourtune-tellers, Ness, LINK and ZELDA cuz they are from a magical game, and PIKACHU for cying out loud!! They want us all to play Donkey Knog Jr. Math and Bubsy all the time, oh and TSA they HATE Metal Gear Solid, man I hate this site...

itschris
06-29-2002, 10:22 AM
They give Paper Mario a 2/10 for Christian Morals:

This is where the game suffers. First off, Mario encounters some fortune tellers. There are some seeds which are refered to as "magical seeds". The star rod is known as "magical" in the game. Koopa's cohort through the game is a witch, even though it is emphasised that she is the bad guy.

Paper Mario is evil!

EWild
06-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Parper Mario was sorta cool.... but definatly not evil.

Axel
06-29-2002, 11:06 PM
you know, you should read the bit on Digimon and Pokemon, its hillarious.

itschris
06-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Hey, another Christian Game Review Site (http://www.ccgr.org/). This one has a Zelda Classic review (http://www.ccgr.org/zelda.htm)...

Elemental Knight
06-29-2002, 11:31 PM
They seem to forget the whole schtick about ZQuest, so if you don't like how non-Christian the original two quests are (Lesse, Magic Wand, a Whistle that turns Water into Sand, a Magic Shield, a Magic Sword... At least Link shows the Cross on his shield), they can make their own Bible-abiding Quest.

- Note that I'm not dissing these sites - in fact, I appreciate what they're doing; it's a refreshing viewpoint (and if you're not mature enough to handle it, then *your chosen deity here* forbid that a Jehova's Witness come to your door). But, still, I'm a bit miffed that the second site (CCRG) failed to point out ZQuest alongside ZC.

Saffith
06-30-2002, 12:38 AM
That's odd.

... I wonder what they thought about the name "Armageddon Games"?

vegeta1215
06-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Saffith
That's odd.

... I wonder what they thought about the name "Armageddon Games"?

I wonder about that too.

They did give it a pretty nice review. Including info on Zquest would definitly make the game more appealing to people, but hey, ZC will get fans regardless.

DukenukemX
06-30-2002, 08:35 PM
To have Christians rate video games is like having Tom Green as President of the United States.

The two just don't belong. :eyebrow: