PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Metal Gear Solid ending...

Dracula
06-28-2002, 03:05 PM
At the end, with that little note about how the nuclear warheads were supposed to be reduced, but there are still 26,000 nukes in the world... Me and my sister had a little debate about the warnings of July 4th, and my sister starts freaking out when we started talking about if they ropped a nuke on us. Well, I played through MGS, just to show her that little note... She says "it's a game, it's a lie!" That pissed me off, since the credits clearly say something about the US Army, which that could give enough information. Still, she says it's bullshit. Even though I showed her THIS (http://www.clw.org/coalition/nukelev.htm) she still won't believe me. So, is that ending true?

DarkDragoonX
06-28-2002, 03:52 PM
Yes, the ending is quite accurate. Of course, by now it's outdated, but it probably remains close to the real number. Freaky, isn't it?

Hermit
06-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Sounds to me like your sister is just another pawn of "The Patriots"!! ;)

Dracula
06-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Hermit
Sounds to me like your sister is just another pawn of "The Patriots"!! ;)

Maybe... But my sister is just a bitch. :mischief: Yeah, that's it... :D

The Silent Assassin
06-28-2002, 07:02 PM
The Otacon ending is the real one. That's all I know.

MottZilla
06-29-2002, 07:04 PM
It's true, there are still far too many nukes in the world. Thing is you really only need 1 if you knew what you were doing =\

Dracula
06-30-2002, 10:33 PM
...That's just... fucking scary. Imagine if Osama got a hold on one... :(

AlexMax
06-30-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin

How is that the real ending? I remember something in MGS2 when Snake is in a certain position, you can call up Otracon on his codec and he will make a remark about how things didn't work out between Snake and Meryl.

And you do know that by saying that the Otracon ending is the real one, that means that your allmighty Solid Snake really DID submit to the torture.

The Silent Assassin
06-30-2002, 11:24 PM
He's only a human being. And...it wouldn't be the first time.

Dracula
07-03-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin

That's been bothering me for some time...

You can have a GOOD ending with Meryl, but nothing in the future... Or, let the girl die for the sequal... Tough break.

Also, if Otacon gives Snake stealth camoflage at the end, why wouldn't he use it through MGS2... Oh well. Still, good games, both of them.

AlexMax
07-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Snake broke it on the landing.

And according to the official MGS cannon...

[taken from the MGS Plot Summary that can be found at GameFags]

Q. Meryl has to die at the end of Metal Gear Solid! Heres a completely implausable theory!

A. I don't like the fact that the official ending of Metal Gear Solid is the one where Meryl lives any more than you do but we're going to have to live with it. Nastasha's book says that Meryl escaped and, since the book was written by Mr. Kojima or someone hired by him, that means its official "cannon" material and thats all there is to it.

And that's the way it is.

Lone Wolf
07-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Ofcourse the meryl living is the correct ending, its the harder one to get meaning the "Better" ending, meaning the true ending.