PDA

View Full Version : You have *got* to be kidding.

DarkDragoonX
06-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Apparently, the phrase "under god" has been officially removed from the pledge of alleigance. How retarded is that? I'm not even religious, and even I agree that anyone who would be offended by something as simple as the phrase "under god," should probably get a good beating. I swear, it seems that no one can say anything these days without some uptight moron getting bent out of shape. It's getting to the point where you have to walk around with your lips stapled together just to avoid a lawsuit...

DarkPanther
06-28-2002, 11:52 AM
It officially has?? Can you provide a link or something? Last I heard, the fool that started it all was retracting. And he didn't have a chance anyways...

EWild
06-28-2002, 11:53 AM
I agree honestly and I'm Canadian and I'm not religioius. They should be wacked with a large mallet. :D

DarkDragoonX
06-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DarkPanther
It officially has?? Can you provide a link or something? Last I heard, the fool that started it all was retracting. And he didn't have a chance anyways...

Ah, nevermind, it isn't official. I was just e-mailed by a friend, and I read too much into it. Thank god (no pun intended). Still, the fact that anyone would be offended by that is so pathetic...

Breaker
06-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Copycat threads aren't very entertaining, http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58771

NyteChylde
06-28-2002, 12:03 PM
~playfully pokes DDX and points to the other topic on this in a half-assed sucking up to the moderators sorta way~ :poke:

Cyclone
06-28-2002, 12:05 PM
I read this story while sitting at the bank waiting to get a new account set up yesterday (to replace a joint account). It's true; the Pledge of Allegiance is out.

Needless to say, Bush - currently in Alberta, I hear, for the G8 - is furious. He says "God Bless America" himself, all the time.

Cyclone

Discombobulator
06-28-2002, 12:09 PM
You're right, DDX. They should be beaten. Preferably with a stick with tacks stuck in it.