PDA

View Full Version : SMA:2 is done

Masamune
06-28-2002, 10:59 AM
i just beat it 10 minutes ago. i bought it like 6 days ago and i already beat it. now all i have to do is find all the secret exits which is only the valley ghost house i think and get all the dragon coins. this game is too easy!

EWild
06-28-2002, 11:01 AM
Congrats! :clap: I agree that it's too easy, maybe not for young people but for people who have played it before it simple. All well :shrug:.

Masamune
06-28-2002, 11:39 AM
uhhhh.... you messed up on your smily there ewild.

EWild
06-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Damn I always get that messed up :tongue:. Thanks.

Mak-X
06-28-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Masamune
i just beat it 10 minutes ago. i bought it like 6 days ago and i already beat it. now all i have to do is find all the secret exits which is only the valley ghost house i think and get all the dragon coins. this game is too easy!

I wonder if Nintendo made it easier. I know they changed it so Mario goes from Cape Mario to Super Mario instead of Cape Mario to Mario when he gets hit. Kinda takes away the use of the extra item you carry. Then again, if you've played Super Mario World before, its probably not that hard.

NerdWarrior
06-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Masamune
Valley Ghost house? Oh...that...one...very...hard...did...you...beat.. .special...world?

Masamune
06-28-2002, 01:38 PM
i did it! i beat EVERY SINGLE stage! and now dinosaur land is all changed like it was supposed to be back when i beat all the special stages. now to find all the dragon coins.... after that i need to get a score aof 5 million. SMW was my bitch back then. it still is. :cool:

NerdWarrior
06-28-2002, 01:43 PM
After you do that, you can impose challenges on yourself.
For instance: Regular path, no secret exits (except FoI:3), no going backwards, no blocks, no top secret area, and you have to get the dragon coin in every stage except: ghost ship, VoB:2, and Castle #7.

Dart Zaidyer
06-28-2002, 01:48 PM
I wonder if the "super high score wiggler" trick still works.

To do it, just jump on a bunch of yellow wigglers. you can boost off the angry ones but they don't give you points... Anyway if you can figure out how to keep doing this, they'll eventually give you a 1-up. Then a 2-up, 3-up, and then a 15-up, and then a whole bunch of garbled symbols and tiles, which give you TONS of points and dozens of coin each time.
This way it's extremely easy to get a score of 9,999,990.

Masamune
06-28-2002, 03:05 PM
it doesn't work with SMA:2. i tryed it already...

The Thing
06-28-2002, 06:23 PM
heh i beat that game in a couple of weeks to get EVERYTHING. It was kinda easy i knew it would never last unless If i did not play a lot.

Maverick_Zero
06-28-2002, 09:38 PM
I had it for my SNES you only have to beat like ten levels to get to Bowset, but there still is alot of secrets and stuff, I didn't find all of them though. But I still prefer Sonic games over Mario.

KingArthur
06-28-2002, 11:57 PM
That game is WAAY too easy... if you didnt worry about 100% you could beat in an hour, probably less.

AlexMax
07-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Actually, it is quite easy to beat...

* Yoshi's Island 2
* Yoshi's Island 3
* Yoshi's Island 4
* Larry's castle
* Donut Plains 1
* Donut Secret 1
* Donut Seekret House
* Star Road 1
* Star Road 2
* Star Road 3
* Star Road 4 (You NEED caped or Blue Yoshi)
* Front Door

Bing Bang Boom, the princess is saved.

vegeta1215
07-01-2002, 06:07 PM
I thought the hardest level (other than all the Special Levels) was the back door to Koopa's Castle. The one with the big spikes that come down really fast. I always died on that one.

Tygore
07-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Dart_Zader
I wonder if the "super high score wiggler" trick still works.

To do it, just jump on a bunch of yellow wigglers. you can boost off the angry ones but they don't give you points... Anyway if you can figure out how to keep doing this, they'll eventually give you a 1-up. Then a 2-up, 3-up, and then a 15-up, and then a whole bunch of garbled symbols and tiles, which give you TONS of points and dozens of coin each time.
This way it's extremely easy to get a score of 9,999,990.

I think that was a bug in the original. You do get boosted lives from wigglers, though.

Mak-X
07-02-2002, 02:02 AM
You can also rack up points by using the extra item over and over. Have a cape on, and a fire flower in reserve and just keep pushing select over and over while grabbing the power ups.

I played Super Mario World today on my SNES. I just had the urge to play. I actually played for a while from the start and I'm now at the Forest of Illusion (world 5). At first I almost wasn't into it after Yoshi's Island (World 1) but then you get the cape and it get harder as you play. Its really fun. Not all that difficult but fun Super Mario Bros. gamplay that I haven't played in a long time. I would not want to play SMW with a version that makes mario go from Cape Mario to Super Mario instead of regular Mario when he gets hit. I mean I'd play the GBA version, I just think it would be too easy then. Yoshi is a lot of fun with him gobbling everything up, using him to jump, and stomp on enemies.

I'd really like to play Yoshi's Island. That's the one "Super Mario Bros." game I haven't hardly played, I never got very far past the 3rd world at least.

3-Headed Monkey
07-03-2002, 05:24 PM
Super Mario Bros 3 was better, I thought, but apparently most people like Mario World better.

But I do agree, it's too easy.

Mak-X
07-03-2002, 08:01 PM
I just beat the game, and now I have Special World to go to. It's not all that hard, and I remember how to do everything in that game. I've played it so many times though, and read through the Mario Mania Player's Guide a lot. Though I've played every Super Mario Bros. game so I'm pretty good at it now.
It's been a while since I've played it, but I think I liked Super Mario Bros. 3 better.

Now I kinda want to play Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.