PDA

View Full Version : FUCK the RIAA and the CARP

AlexMax
06-27-2002, 08:48 PM
www.saveinternetradio.org

Apparently, the CARP was passed.

Sure, it wasn't the official CARP, but the changes were only cosmetic.

Not only wiill this screw Internet Radio, it will screw the unsigned artists too. And give every person who works at the big record labels a NEW LEXUS to add to their collection! HOW ABOUT THAT!

This is not going to go on for long. Those asswipes will NOT control what I listen to. I ask all of you to join me in saying FUCK the RIAA

WarOmnimon
06-27-2002, 09:05 PM
They should have said that was unconstitutional. Freedom of speech is being attacked. AGAIN. Triple damn the RIAA.

Cronic
06-27-2002, 09:10 PM
WE CARE ALOT about the army navy airforce and marines!

WE CARE ALOT about the NY, SF, an LAPD!

WE CARE ALOT about you people!

WE CARE ALOT about your guns!

WE CARE ALOT about the wars were fighting Gee that looks like!

WE CARE ALOT about the Garbage pail kids they never lie!

WE CARE ALOT about transformers cause there more than meets the eye!

FUCK THE IRAA yeah you bet WE CARE ALOT!

SSJ3500
06-27-2002, 09:18 PM
Decreasing CD sales!?!? Who the hell are these people, they fucking increase CD sales!. Kazaa, morpheous, and napster decrease CD sales but there not doing anything about that (excluding napster, and thank god there not doing anything about kazaa) but if someone hears a song on the internet radio they would go buy the CD or in most of the cases for people at AGN, go download the song. The government is really fucking things up this month...

WarOmnimon
06-27-2002, 09:23 PM
Here's more proof that the US Government is messed up.

While everyone was investigating Clinton and Lewinsky, that asshole Bin Laden and his lackeys were planning their attack.

Realized that after reading a letter in Bill O'Reilly's Mailbag.

DukenukemX
06-28-2002, 12:03 AM
If you want more proof go here http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-939433.html .

I can imagine the US government is running around with there heads cut off about piracy. :rolleyes:

Fuck the RIAA.

The Silent Assassin
06-28-2002, 12:06 AM
See, I am too lazy to click the URLs....so could somebody sum this up for me so I can add some constructive feedback?

Daarkseid
06-28-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by SSJ3500
Decreasing CD sales!?!? Who the hell are these people, they fucking increase CD sales!. Kazaa, morpheous, and napster decrease CD sales but there not doing anything about that (excluding napster, and thank god there not doing anything about kazaa) but if someone hears a song on the internet radio they would go buy the CD or in most of the cases for people at AGN, go download the song. The government is really fucking things up this month...

Umm.. no. The record companies have seen the biggest drop in profits since music sales started rising in the early 90s. They are clearly hurting from the proliferation of music on the net.

I don't really have much of a position on all this because I've never bought a music CD in my life, nor do I download music very much at all. Maybe videogame tracks and stuff from anime.

And if this all passes and prevents me from downloading this stuff ever again, oh well! I got along fine without it being free to download. I'm just gonna sit on the sidelines and watch.

The Savior
06-28-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by WarOmnimon
Here's more proof that the US Government is messed up.

While everyone was investigating Clinton and Lewinsky, that asshole Bin Laden and his lackeys were planning their attack.

Realized that after reading a letter in Bill O'Reilly's Mailbag.

Yeah, it really sucks that the government isn't psychic, and can predict things 5+ years befor they happen.

Cyclone
06-28-2002, 01:51 AM
Regardless, I would not say no to $13.7 billion. This is a single drop. I'd wait for it to drop a bit more before they go crying.

Even more, they should perhaps look at the cost they tag on a standard CD. I was given a $20 gift certificate for a CD store...a CD store which, ironically, is very expensive (Music World). I ended up going more than eight dollars out-of-pocket for a CD. That is over $28. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Thus, the talk about sales dropping via online "piracy" when the music being "pirated" was actually purchased by someone (in most cases, except for the occasional novelty song, or a live cut from a radio program, or something) is absolute bullshit. It's even more ridiculous that a place fromwhich you can't actually OBTAIN a song is being targeted for lowering sales; the majority is right in that they are more likely to IMPROVE sales.

Cyclone