PDA

View Full Version : where o' where has my little quest editor gone?

Yojimbo
06-27-2002, 04:52 PM
:odd: i can't seem to find the file to get into ZQuest editor anywhere, iv'e looked everywhere i can think of <not alot of places> yet still, i can't seem to find it...i just would like to try my hand at it once...and maybe...just maybe...with a little grain of immagination, watered with the sweat of hard work...it will bloom into the greatest quest of all of time...! or maybe it will just keep me busy for 5 minutes, who really cares? can some one just help me though? :)

Cool Link
06-27-2002, 05:05 PM
...um...right....I just didn't understand that. :odd: You mean you lost ZQuest. :odd: OK..........one word, F3. Or do you mean you don't have a file that you need to play it? You can download ZQuest again. But like I said, I didn't understand that. :odd:

Yojimbo
06-27-2002, 05:10 PM
uhhh...sorry, im on crack, i dont understand myself, in english, i mean...where do you go to open the ZQuest program? :D

Cool Link
06-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Whare did you download it to? Just click on "zquest". If you don't know whare it is, try to find it using "F3".

Yojimbo
06-27-2002, 05:30 PM
The only thing i can find related to zquest is the zquest.txt ... i downloaded the windows version, i did find some sort of "zquest" file besides that one, but when i opened it all it was was a bunch of text mumbo jumbo lookin like it was written in korean or something...better hit the books on this one...:reading:

Nick
06-27-2002, 05:35 PM
zquest_w.exe is the file that comes with the windows version.

Cool Link
06-27-2002, 05:37 PM
Is it 163 that you downloaded? If so, maybe you downloaded the Support Archive. Go and download the windows zelda classic.

I JUST DON'T KNOW! :cry:

Edit: maybe......I still don't know.-_-
Edit#2: Nope, still don't know.-_-
Edit#3: %#\$#^!-_-
Edit#4: maybe......163 Windows support DLL.-_-

Yojimbo
06-27-2002, 05:43 PM
ok still no trace of it...screw it, lol

Jigglysaint
06-27-2002, 08:17 PM
You are trying to open an exe in a text editor. Go to dos and run thr program from there since you can't lauch the program. That jumble you get when you open the file is what an exe looks like in notepad, don't edit it!

DarkSFK
06-27-2002, 09:57 PM
I think I know what he means, he can't find ZQuest! Go to start>find>files or folders and........ oh, F3 does that! :lol:

DragonFang
06-27-2002, 10:17 PM
Like the others have been saying. Just go to start > Search
and type in the name of the file. Then if you have it on your computer windows will find it.

ShadowTiger
06-28-2002, 08:38 AM
I have never lost anything because I keep everything in naught but one solid and cement directory, all the way at the bottom of my C:\ Drive. It houses ALL of my ZeldaClassic stuff. I keep seperate directories for V1.90 and V1.92 Betas, each seperate from Each other. I suggest organization skill like that for everyone, and you can lead a much happier life or whatever.

Search works too. If you can't find it, try looking for other associated files like ZGP.dat or SFX.dat if you renamed ZQuest for some reason.