PDA

View Full Version : Oh, bullSHIT...

Skatche
06-27-2002, 04:51 PM
Two days before the biggest event of my life, my junior black belt grading, for which I have worked for months, doing intense training, extra classes, writing essays... and now there's something seriously wrong with my hip. I can't do anything except stand and walk without it hurting like a bitch. Even when I go to sit down, or stand up, even if I don't put fucking weight on that leg, it still hurts. I really hope this clears up by saturday. :mad:

inori
06-27-2002, 04:52 PM
Um... have you seen a doctor? That's generally the recommended course of action when random parts of your body start to experience intense pain for no reason...

Sub-Zero
06-27-2002, 04:52 PM
Well, Good Luck! :)

Skatche
06-27-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by inori
Um... have you seen a doctor? That's generally the recommended course of action when random parts of your body start to experience intense pain for no reason...

It just started today. And besides, I already know what the doctor will say:

"Keep off it for a week or so."

I DON'T HAVE A WEEK OR SO!!!

MrCow
06-27-2002, 04:55 PM
im sry skatche. hope it gets betta soon man!!!

Shadowblazer
06-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to build the world's first bionic hip
Skatche will have that hip
We can make it better than it was before
Better. Stronger. Faster

MrCow
06-27-2002, 05:23 PM
or we can make him fart hilleum like rygel lol

Paradox
06-27-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Shadowblazer
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to build the world's first bionic hip
Skatche will have that hip
We can make it better than it was before
Better. Stronger. Faster

watch it fall apart a day later...

hope everything can work out. if you want some help, try icing it or take tylenol for the pain or something-

Discombobulator
06-27-2002, 05:29 PM
I hope you feel better, Skatche.
If not, then do some serious biting of the bullet.
Good luck. :thumbsup:

J.J. Maxx
06-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Perhaps this is the true test? Pain management. Pain is mental just think around the pain and do the moves. Push through it. :thumbsup:

Skatche
06-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Pain is mental, yes, but this kind of pain usually indicates that if I don't leave it alone, I'll do some serious, lasting damage. And then I really would need a bionic hip, or a wheelchair. :p

ctrl-alt-delete
06-27-2002, 05:43 PM
HMMMMMMMMMM...In times like these, everyone needs a hot tub...Wish I had one...::Grumble Grumble:: I hope you get to feeling better and everything goes well.

inori
06-27-2002, 05:45 PM
Is there any way you can postpone the grading? I would hope that your teacher could understand that you are possibly seriously injured, and cannot perform physically at peak performance, such as would be necessary for your grading.

If it's that serious, unfortunately, it does sound like you need to get it looked at - and fixed - before attempting any more martial arts. (BTW, sorry that my memory's so bad... what art was it again?)

Skatche
06-27-2002, 05:48 PM
Karate. Goju karate, to be specific. And no, I don't think there's any chance of this grading being postponed; it's important for something like this that everyone involved is there at the same time. =/

DarkDragon
06-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Well, there's always heroin et al...
Although I do agree you should see a doctor before considering any other couse of action. If your hip is fractured or broken or something, ignoring it could have serious, permanent consequences.

slothman
06-27-2002, 06:58 PM
If it just hurts then it could be something like your bed or a new chair. Try, if possible, sleeping and siting in different places. My back hurt a few months back and I had to crawl to the bathroom. But it got betterin a couple of days just by doing different things.

King Link
06-27-2002, 09:24 PM
slothman could be right.

Either way, hope it clears up before the testing. If it doesn't, maybe you will be given another chance.