PDA

View Full Version : Flipping combos

Petoe
06-27-2002, 04:42 PM
In this new beta163 I don´t know anymore how to flip the tiles in the combo editor so that only the combo flips, not the whole tile. This was possible in beta104 by pressing H and then ENTER, so with that way I saved a lot of space(1 version of the tile was enough in the tile list).
When I moved my 104 quest to build 163, the combos I had flipped the way I just described are flipped just the way they were flipped, but in the combo editor FLIP: 1. So tell me how I change the FLIP: 0 to FLIP: 1 so that I don´t have to copy and flip those tiles in the tile list.

And what does the LEECH button do in the grab screen? Could somebody explain it clearlier than it was explained in the ZQuest.txt? :reading: :confuse2: :confuse2: :confuse2:

EIHoppe
06-27-2002, 05:49 PM
As far as I know, the only detour to your first quandry (sp?) is to copy the tile and hit 'h' or 'v', depending on which way you want to flip it. On the second quandry, I don't quite know the answer either, so information on that subject would be highly appreciated.

Cloral
06-28-2002, 03:57 AM
Make sure you hit h or v in the combo editor and not in the screen where you select which tile it uses. I've made that mistake a good few times while reorganizing my tiles for Golden Seal. I think it used to be the other way (if you hit h or v while selecting the tile it was the same as hitting them in the combo editor) and really was much more intuitive that way. I hope it gets changed back...

Petoe
06-28-2002, 04:44 AM
Yeah. I hope too. Thank you...but nobody has not answered my other question yet.

Yobumcha
06-28-2002, 08:54 AM
It does something.:)

K-Teclis
06-28-2002, 10:13 AM
LEECH??

.... that's a tuffy... *looks into zquest.txt*
Well... I don't understand it...

Cloral
06-29-2002, 01:43 AM
I'm not 100% sure (is it even implemented?), but I think its supposed to go through the tiles of the other quest and grab out any that you don't already have. That's my guess.

K-Teclis
06-29-2002, 09:36 AM
... I can't figure it out... zquest f**ked up, when I used it...:shrug:

Petoe
06-29-2002, 06:31 PM
There must be somebody who knows is it implemented, and if it is, how to use that damn leech button. It just bothers me. My ZQuest f**ked up too when I used it.

Nick
06-29-2002, 07:23 PM
It is implemented. I used it the other day to add in some newfirst enemy tiles without having to select a set of tiles at a time. It imported the whole file of tiles. The options in it look for duplicates and don't put them in more than once if any are found in the file importing. This avoids excess tiles you don't need. If you simply want to import the whole file without changes (useful for new.til), choose ignore for all of the options.

That option worked fine for me.

ShadowTiger
07-01-2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah. I agree with Nick. I tried a Leech to get in some of those new enemy tiles (you know, the massive 24 page long enemy tiles for use with the rule new enemies..) and it worked just fine. Took a bit of fine tuning on the tiles page, but I got in in there. (hitches up pants, says "yep..")