PDA

View Full Version : Scary games.

ZeldaFan001
06-27-2002, 03:06 PM
Are there any games that you have played that have literally scared you? (For example: Screaming, jumping, etc.) If so, what system, what game, and what did you do?

Here's one: One game that scared me was Jurassic Park for the SNES game system. Going through one of the buildings, entering a dark room, and having a dinosaur jump right at you! I screamed and jumped once!

EWild
06-27-2002, 03:14 PM
Resident Evil 64

When you are walying through one of the hallways all of a sudden arm shoot out of the windows and attack you! All I di was jump but it was kind of fraky :kawaii:

Duran
06-27-2002, 03:40 PM
2 or 3 actually.
1)Resident Evil 3, when Nemises and bashing throught the cop station going "S.T.A.R.S" breaking down doors and throwing a fit.
2)FF9, in that ice cavern place when the red dragons bust through the wall, it suprises the shit outta me every time.
3)Playing Half-Life in the dark with sound turned all the way up.

Dracula
06-27-2002, 04:23 PM
Resident Evil for GCN- Those Crimson Heads scared the crap out of me! I can't get that image out of my head where I tried to open the door trying to get away from it, but the door broke... Then there was a big mess there... without a head...

Castlevania 64- Almost as scary as Resident Evil, but not quite. That hedge clipper dude can creap you out when you don't expect him.

Castlevania SOTN- Granfaloon. Who would want a 20 foot pile of screaming corpses floating over you, and every time you hit it, the bodies just fall right on you...

Metal Gear Solid- Fighting Metal Gear... Not really scary, but adrenaline pumping action. Not to mention the Drive-By shooting sequence was cool.

MottZilla
06-27-2002, 04:36 PM
I loved that SotN boss Drac. :p

And only the resident evil series has made my slightly jump. Nothing else.

itschris
06-27-2002, 04:53 PM
Resident Evil (GCN): Numerous times when monsters jumped through windows/appeared out of corners. Also when I was about to burn a zombie, it got up and turned into a crimson head.

Eternal Darkness (GCN): The bathtub scene. I sure wasn't expecting that...

Those are the most recent ones. I can't think of others right now.

Brasel
06-27-2002, 07:18 PM
Parasite Eve 1 creeped me out a bit...and Resident Evil, but other than that, I don't think anything scared me...

But come to think of it, wandering around in the building in Jurassic Park was kinda scary.

Beldaran
06-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Doom scared the fucking shit out of me. (I was 11 years old)

And yes, Jurassic Park for snes is incredibly scary at times. It's so eery inside buildings.

Oh, and I used to always break a sweat playing half life. That was a pretty frightening game the first couple times through.

Jemsee
06-27-2002, 10:13 PM
SNES Jurassic Park was good for a jumper.
Also RE2 and 3 (? the first person one?).
Also TR 3 and chronicals both had parts that were unexpected and could get you.

Tygore
06-27-2002, 10:38 PM
The secret of Monkey Island 2. I was aways afraid that LeChuck would pop out of nowhere and send me into the next room.

What? :)

mike5000
06-27-2002, 10:48 PM
I think the Silent Hill series is the weirdest and kinda scaryiest games....I dont shit my pants though!!

Tygore
06-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Duran

1)Resident Evil 3, when Nemises and bashing throught the cop station going "S.T.A.R.S" breaking down doors and throwing a fit.

I have a friend who wants me to tell you this: RE for GC would make you pee your pants. What you're saying is nothing.

Master Ghaleon
06-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Resident Evil for the gamecube. When the zombies burst outta the windows. It was night and I turned out all the lights while I play the game. Then all the sudden they jumped out and I jumped outta bed. Then after I was finished playing for the night I went to bed. I had my cd player still on but the volume off and when it was changing cd's it makes that clicking noise and I was scared shitless thinking that something was trying to get me! That freaked me out badly:eek:

DarkDragoonX
06-28-2002, 11:33 AM
Eternal Darkness. This is the most psychologically creepy game in existance, especially when you start to hallucinate. I swear, the game desingers were necromancers who raised H.P. Lovecraft himself while making this game.

EWild
06-28-2002, 11:41 AM
Man I gotta rent that game!!! It sounds so creepy.... and fun. :kawaii: I'll rent it today. Another game is DOOm when you can hear the monsters but can't see them and then you turn a corner and WHAM! you run into a bunch of them outta nowhere! It freaked the hell outta me when I was 7 :scared:

King Link
06-28-2002, 11:50 AM
There are a few games.

For example, the first time I played Turok II on PC. Those monsters kept jumping down in front of me from nowhere, surprising me. And the footsteps seemed to always be heard, but you couldn't see. And the girl crying was freaky the first time around too.

I don't play many games like that though, such as horror games.

DarkDragoonX
06-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by King Link
There are a few games.

For example, the first time I played Turok II on PC. Those monsters kept jumping down in front of me from nowhere, surprising me.

I was mildy creeped out by the original Turok. Not because the game was scary itself, but because I lived in constant fear that the creature I killed 30 seconds ago had respawned and was about to tear my back to shreds. You spend a lot of time turning around in Turok.

vegeta1215
06-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Super Metroid freaked me out a little when I first got it. I bought it used from Blockbuster for $25 but took it back cause it scared me so much.

But, I went back to Blockbuster and saw they had marked down the price of the Super Metroid I had returned, it was only $15. I picked it up and kept it, and I'm glad I did (I saved $10 and got one of the best SNES games ever!)

Hey Jemsee, I remember Jurassic Park for SNES. My bro had it, and you're right, that game is scary, esp when you get to the raptor caves.

Dracula
06-28-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
Resident Evil for the gamecube. When the zombies burst outta the windows. It was night and I turned out all the lights while I play the game. Then all the sudden they jumped out and I jumped outta bed. Then after I was finished playing for the night I went to bed. I had my cd player still on but the volume off and when it was changing cd's it makes that clicking noise and I was scared shitless thinking that something was trying to get me! That freaked me out badly:eek:

Reminds me of two game experiences...

One, for Resident evil. While playing in the middle of the night, I heard this long, loud... voice, thing... like combining a groan and a scream with a little hissing in there... I still don't know what the hell that was...

After beating Metal Gear Solid, when that little not at the end saying "There are still 26,000 nuclear warheads active in this world", I heard what sounded like... a distant explosion... I got up screaming "OH SHIT!!!" waking up my mom...

LackingaLife
06-29-2002, 04:07 AM
Max Payne: Freaky dream sequinces
Doom: Watching dad play when I was 5
thats about it