PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Tactics Ogre!

King Link
06-27-2002, 11:16 AM
Even before the GBA was released, there was a game I was very interested in called Tactics Ogre. Finally it's been released.

I'm going to get it soon, but at first glance, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis looks kind of similar to Golden Sun, except I believe the screen is set at a permanent angle camera view, which looks cool to me.

The game looks really fun and the graphics are very impressive. Check out the review from Gamespot here (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,468482,00.html). I guess Gamespot thought the game was really great.

I can't wait to get my mits on this game. Who else is going to get Tactics Ogre?

Sub-Zero
06-27-2002, 11:44 AM
OMG, I had that game for PSX. Let me tell ya, its a good one. I played it religously, over 100 hours. Its a lot of fun.

King Link
06-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Sounds cool. I never had the chance to play it on the Playstation, so I am really looking forward to playing it on GBA, a handheld. Plus, the graphics are looking enhanced are totally awesome.

Kairyu
06-28-2002, 08:25 AM
... Uh, the game you're reffering to has been out for a month or so now... It's just darn near impossible to find. Fortunatly, it's nothing like Golden Sun... Well, except for leveling up. And equipment. And stuff like that....

Well, this game has a REAL ending (Four main ones, a game over, and about 10 ways you can affect each main ending, to be more specific.), A deceny plot, there aren't horrifyingyly overpowered abilities found all over the place in this game, enemies keep up with your level in random encounters, there is a HUGE list of items and equipment (Including the shiny Glass Pumpkin and yummy Candy equipment), and battles are done in a style totally different from Golden Sun, where movement actually affects battle. Oh, and if you make a decision in one of the many questions the game asks you.... your "friends" DON'T all jump in with the "Correct" answer and make asking the question in the first place uneccessary... you actually affect the rest of the game with your choice! Oh, and the main character is a teenager while most of the rest of your army are adults... you aren't some group of kids cutting a bloody swath across the countryside with giant swords and maces and psychic powers...

Basically, it has everything Golden Sun would have needed to be enjoyable, and then some. Good buy.

Mak-X
06-28-2002, 01:37 PM
If you get into the Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre games, try to find Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Calibur for Nintendo 64. Its just like the original Ogre Battle as opposed to Tactics Ogre, but I think it took some elements from Tactics Ogre. Might still be available since its more recent, and worth checking out if your into Strategy RPGs. I still haven't finished it though, I've started over 3 times, twice because I wanted to do better. Now I'm going to start over again the next time I play because I found out there was a invisible Alignment tracker, and that you can Liberate towns instead of Capturing them.

Elemental Knight
06-28-2002, 02:04 PM
Just remember that TO:KoL is also Gaiden, IE side-story. I've had the game for a week, and am already on Chapter Two. When you get a book, King Link, make sure to dive right into it - It'll take soem practice to defeat the side-quests at a lower level, but you get stuff that isn't available in-game until later on, if at all.

Personally, I love it. The spelle effects don't get old (especially once you get enough INT for AoE!), the characters are different (and affectable - depending on how you play, your enemy can be a friend!), and it's overall deep in plot (not as deep as Final Fantasy Tactics, which this game's combat style is very similar to - I still don't unerstand some of FFT's plot).

All in all, it's worht the manhunt for it. I got it used at Electronics Boutique for $34.99, after playing a ROM of it for the weekend (to see if it was worth it).

mrz84
06-28-2002, 09:44 PM
fyi. this tactics ogre is different from the superfamicon one (titled, let us cling together) that later went to the playststion. its main hero was named denim powell. this story's main character is different if i remember the thread that had to do with this same game from a few weeks ago. i believe that this game does use elemnts from TO:LUCT such as its battle system and the lodis thing. and if a final fantasy fan dares say that tactics ogre is copying fftactics, go shove a flaming biycle up your ass cause the people that made the tactics ogre were later called upon to make fftactics. so go bite a rat's ass if ya don't believe me but that's the truth. :kawaii:

sumimasen if i insulted anyone with my comments but im sorta pissed cause somebody took some of my oreo double stuff cookies without me knowing. :kawaii: