PDA

View Full Version : Why am I still working?

Nick
06-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Seriously? Why am I still working?

Despite the fact I get bored with Zquest every 5 minutes or so, I'm still making quests.

I don't get it. If I'm so bored with quest making, why do I still have to have it? :odd:

Quite frankly, I've only finished one quest. Every other quest I'm making has either been pushed asside or canceled.

Whenever the creative juices do flow, I'm nowhere near Zquest and I forget my idea by the time I get back to it. :sweat:

Most of my quests seem to be made from boredom too...

Unification 2
Eternity's End (boredom breaker for U2)
Unification SE (boredom breaker for EE)
Unification 2: Revamped (another boredom breaker for EE)
Unification 3: Chaotic Seasons (another boredom breaker for U2)

Has anyone else had the problem of becoming bored with Zquest?

Menokh
06-26-2002, 03:21 PM
Sometimes.
I actually have a total of 3 incomplete, never-to-be-finished quests on my HD that were the result of boredom. I sometimes get bored but somehow I still must work on my quest. So I've concluded it isn't that ZQuest is boring, but that doing the same thing for a long period of time is(even if the quest is fun to play). I relieve my boredom by making other quests or by listening to good music while building.

Manson Seed
06-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Yep. Got bored and I quit.

I still lurk around to see when the next "full" non-beta version will come out. (and yes, I am aware of 163).

That may revive my interest...
:cool:

Yobumcha
06-26-2002, 05:27 PM
When I'm Working on my quet "Triforce Curse" I usually get board and work on WA.

Cool Link
06-26-2002, 06:59 PM
Let's see.......I got:
Link quest: Thats the first quest I did. But I only got up to L-6 on it and stoped.
Power of darkness: I did this cos Link quest sux. Got up to L-6. I may get it done at some point...

Is it just me or do I just give up when I get to L-6? :eyebrow:

EWild
06-26-2002, 07:28 PM
Hmmmm welll I have some ideas for games but never seem to keep any for myself, I always give them away. But right now I'm working on the storyfor my quest since it will be heavy in plot and story line. :kawaii:

EIHoppe
06-26-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by EWild
...my quest since it will be heavy in plot and story line. :kawaii:

You said it'd be chock full of side-quests, too! Why not just work on the sidequests, and do the main part later:D! Then we could get a demo faster!

EWild
06-26-2002, 07:54 PM
A demo, oh no I dn't even got the tiles done yet... nedd DoY tiles for 162 BTW. Sorry but it will have side-quests,but they will all work they're way to the main plot. IE: In the prison where you start you will save someone who will tell you a different (eaiser) route out of this place. The good ending will have to do with a side-quest where you get a item but no one knows what it is. Suspect it to be done in a year or so. Sorry for the wait but I'm prefecting my skills and getting all the stuff I need. I need some Gate tiles, Stargate like, for my Rune Gates :(. Obi???

Daarkseid
06-26-2002, 08:16 PM
I have this one quest that I have outlined in my head, that I work on whenever I'm bored. I'll just keep working on it until its finished, or I die.

Right now, I'm going to try and see how long I can work on it without a break, since alot of progress needs to be redone for the new combopageless feature in 163.

JayeM
06-26-2002, 08:42 PM
It's not boredom with me. I have one quest almost finished that I started in beta 148, updated to 152, then 163...but I'm thinking why finish and release it now when a non-beta version is coming up soon? The same with another quest that I almost have the custom tileset for almost finished and the quest somewhat planned out on paper. The constantly changing versions have me stalled.

Raichu86
06-27-2002, 11:19 AM
I haven't done any real work on CFP in days. :sweat: I get bored with ZQuest, take a week or so off, and then I can't put it down for a while. :)

Qusetonui
06-27-2002, 12:23 PM
This is the pattern I follow with ZC:

---Edit in ZQuest---

New1st-fixed
LoS (alt. to New1st-fixed)
LoS2 (alt. to LoS)
The new Item Quest (alt. to LoS)
Zelda 3: Search of the new Triforce (Alt. to new Item Quest)

---Zelda Classic Quest Player---

LoS
Days of Eternity (alt. to LoS)
Insane Mario's Rampage (alt. to Days)
Demo (rare alt. to LoS and Days)
Cool Dungeon (secondary alt. to LoS)
TexDex Quest (third alt. to LoS)
BS-Zelda (alt. to a few quests)

There are too many quests to list here...

Nick
06-27-2002, 03:29 PM
I think I've temporarely beat the boredom. I'm recoloring Oracle of Seasons trees for the old ML tileset and I've tweaked the palattes a little to allow for more colorful things.

I don't know how long this will last.

K-Teclis
06-28-2002, 09:45 AM
... Somehow...
I get bored start a new quest... get bored..
I'm bored with L1A as well.. but I'll finish it!!