PDA

View Full Version : :steps up on the soapbox: AHEM!

AlexMax
06-26-2002, 12:09 PM
I have an important announcement to make.

From July 7th to around July 28th, I will be at UNCC, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I have no idea if I will be able to monitor or participate in the forums as much as I did, since I will be taking college level courses and finding out what college life is like. I think there is a computer lab somehwere on campus, but I have no idea how/if I will be able to access it. Also, it is unclear if I will be able to take a computer with me on this trip.

Just to let you guys know in advance.

obi
06-26-2002, 12:15 PM
AH, Good Luck i college Alex! :thumbsup: do your best and come to AGN to tell us you did!

EWild
06-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Good luck, and have a good time at college. :kawaii:

Paradox
06-26-2002, 12:19 PM
ooo college. the next level up....

Discombobulator
06-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Have fun, dude. :thumbsup:

obi
06-26-2002, 12:22 PM
hhe, I'm going to college this year, but this college is about 2 mins away from my house. Again, Good luck Alex!

Mitsukara
06-26-2002, 12:24 PM
What you say! You're not going to Toudai?

AlexMax
06-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Now wait a second people. After the end of July, I'm back. I still have to complete Senior Year, ya' know.

But after that....FREEDOM IN COLLEGE!

satanman
06-26-2002, 02:49 PM
heh, fortunately for me I live in a city with a decent university, so I won't have to leave AGN when I go to college, but thats not for a year or so yet.
Now lets all hope Alex's new college doesn't have an anti-forum policy and teachers who know how to lock the history in whatever browser they use.

inori
06-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Colleges don't give a damn what you're looking at on the web. Most college students are 18+, and therefore presumed capable of making their own decisions.

I did something like that between my sophomore and junior years of high school (went to college for a month, took two classes, saw college life). It was a big help when I was actually ready to start college. I didn't have the usual freshman panic because I'd been there before. Good luck, Alex!

Shadowblazer
06-26-2002, 04:06 PM
Dude, UNCC sucks. Go for WCU! Cullowhee rocks. :D

Brian
06-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Are you actually going to UNCC, Alex, or just doing a sampler of college life there? If you are going there, then we'll be living in the same city. Ask me for direction if you need them. ;) (though I live about on the other side of the city from the university area- in South East Charlotte, Matthews technically)

So, if you have any questions about the city, like good resteraunts, malls, strip bars, etc just ask.
:cool:
Oh, and I think you could go to a library to get online. Not sure about the ones in the university area, but you could use the uptown one. (You'll have to get used to that- the Charlotte metro area is uptown, not downtown)

AlexMax
06-26-2002, 04:29 PM
Are you actually going to UNCC, Alex, or just doing a sampler of college life there?

Yes.

And I'm not dumb about Charlotte. I've lived there for nine years, and I know my way around generally...

Brian
06-27-2002, 12:09 AM
Well, I thought you lived in Concord, whatever...
Since I know nothing about Concord except where Concord Mills is, I woulden't expect you to know much about Charlotte, I guess is why I said that. But since we're the nearest big city, I guess you'd pop in here more then I would come up there.