PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong??

Drunken Tiger
06-26-2002, 09:10 AM
http://drunkentiger.netfirms.com/error.jpg

How come they are not even?? As in the member info space?? That is really annoying.. does anyone know how to fix it?? I'm using Opera at the moment...

goKi
06-26-2002, 09:12 AM
think the only way to fix it is to use IE

DarkPanther
06-26-2002, 09:12 AM
That's why. Opera adjusts the first column per post, base on the width of the av. IE fixes that for ya. :tongue:

Drunken Tiger
06-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Oh, so I'm stuck with this unless i use IE???

Thanks for the help guys!!:thumbsup:

King Link
06-26-2002, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I asked about this too when I got Opera. It's annoying, but Opera's still really a good browser. Just have to get used to it if you are gonna use Opera on the boards.

The Silent Assassin
06-26-2002, 01:23 PM
That's odd...it's a table lay out...and all the info is already predetermined...I guess Opera has some code that tells it to resize things to fit optimally in certain areas?

AlexMax
06-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Actually, vB uses nonstandard code that only supports IE. I have zero problem with it, and actually makes more room for people's posts who have smaller avators.

Don't let that one thing get you down. It's vB's fault, not Opera's.

Toolie
06-26-2002, 01:33 PM
No, it's Opera's fault for trying to be different.

obi
06-26-2002, 03:46 PM
No, it's Opera's fault for trying to be different.

Heh, Old Gates must have though of things like this in his early days, that why He bribes all these High ups in places Like VB to have 'special' code, lol

Menokh
06-26-2002, 03:51 PM
Opera follows the HTML standards exactly(even better than Mozilla). and reads the HTML literally like web browsers are supposed to do according to the W3C. IE has a nasty habit of correcting HTML errors on a per view basis(so web designers won't notice them) and occasionally shows the mata tag info. It also has an auto-download tag that allows sites to put stuff on your computer(besides cookies) that you won't even know about.
One of the special IE only tags this VB is known to use is the tag to change the color of the scroll bar, and utterly useless tag IMO.

And I agree with Alex, I like the way Opera interprets the tables.

Toolie
06-26-2002, 04:45 PM
Oh crap! My scroll bar changed colors!

OMG! IE makes things simple! We can't live with simple things!! CRAP!

Get a life.

Paradox
06-26-2002, 04:48 PM
i use IE. good enough. maybe better.

Dechipher
06-26-2002, 05:07 PM
I think Toolie's getting angry at us for not having lives.....
*points and laughs*
I swear, people with lives think they are so much better....

er....wait a minute...THEY ARE!!!!!!