PDA

View Full Version : Hopes and dreams(serious question)...

Discombobulator
06-26-2002, 08:26 AM
What are you hopes and dreams for real life? Do you want to go down in history, or make a lot of money, or enrich yours and others' lives? I ask this so that I'll make everybody think about themselves and their lives, which is most important.

Hermit
06-26-2002, 09:29 AM
To tell you the truth, I really don't care one way or the other. You're born, you live, you die. Everything in between birth and death is pretty much irrelevant to me ;)

Don't get me wrong, life has it's moments. But in the end it really doesn't matter. What's the point in being remembered if you're not around to enjoy it ? What's the point in making millions if you can't take it with you ? Money, along with all your other worldy possessions, just get passed on to others, making all your hard work and accomplishments pretty useless (most of the time passed on to people who don't even deserve it, nor anything else for that matter).

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-26-2002, 09:51 AM
My hopes and dreams are living a good life, being happy, hopefully doing something to help the world, but most of all, finding the girl of my dreams. :heart:
Oh yeah, i want to find Hyrule and live there.:D

Drunken Tiger
06-26-2002, 09:58 AM
LA, Im betting that the girl of your dreams in one way or another resembles ZZ???:lol:

I dont know what my dreams are.. At the moment they are just to get a job and to do well in school...

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-26-2002, 10:07 AM
I think zhang ziyi is a bit far fetched......but you never know.:naughty: :naughty: :drool: :drool:

Drunken Tiger
06-26-2002, 10:10 AM
The topic clearly states "Hopes and Dreams"...;)

EWild
06-26-2002, 10:46 AM
To go to Mars and I would like to captian a starship, if thay get them while I'm alive. :kawaii:

Brian
06-26-2002, 10:56 AM
Well, to be the second to answer the topic seriously, I currently plan to do something in the law field. But at this point, I'm not sure if I want to be a lawyer or go into the FBI. (probably not as a field agent, but as something else, possibly a detective) I am fairly patriotic, and I want something more meaningful and interesting then a normal desk job, so I may opt for the FBI over being a lawyer. One of those though.

As for my ambitions, if I do become a lawyer, I would probably like to rise to be a judge or even a senator. (thats probably more in the dreaming category)

Discombobulator
06-26-2002, 11:04 AM
Brian, if there's one truth I've learned about people and their dreams, it's that dreams have a way of coming true if you bust your butt enough. :)

slothman
06-26-2002, 12:20 PM
A lawyer can be patriotic. He can help "little" people who have less money help get rid of bad laws. I myself want to try to help the world somehow. Probably by creating laws that make the US better. A Congressman wouldn't be bad.