PDA

View Full Version : Session timing out...

Nick
06-25-2002, 09:16 PM
I don't get it.

One minute, I'm browsing the forums and suddenly, it switches to the main AGN theme and I'm logged out. No, I'm not falling for the logout tricks, it is happening at random.

Is there a way to get this to stop happening?

Sidenote: I'm using Opera.

Drunken Tiger
06-25-2002, 09:20 PM
That only happens to me when im at school... But when im at home its fine... I have no idea why its happening but its very very annoying...:angry:

AlexMax
06-25-2002, 09:47 PM
It seems to happen durring certain phases of the moon.

Seriously, I have no idea eiter. It never happens to me (and I use Opera as well)

theplustwo
06-25-2002, 09:50 PM
I use opera and I don't have this problem. My guess is that it must be your connection or your ISP :shrug:

Drunken Tiger
06-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Im on the schools atm so that would probably explain alot....;)

Nick
06-25-2002, 09:58 PM
It works perfectly in internet explorer, but I'm not really wanting to use it at the moment. -_-

Drunken Tiger
06-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Whats the difference between Opera and IE???

The Savior
06-25-2002, 10:11 PM
IE sucks and Opera doesn't. :p Opera is faster, and has a bett interface IMO. I also have the timing out problem in Opera, and I have no clue as to what causes it.

Drunken Tiger
06-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Is it possible to run both at the same time???

Raichu86
06-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Try clearing your cookies. Edit > Cookies. Delete all your AGN cookies and log back in again. Maybe some are stale? I dunno.

I don't have the problem and I use Opera. Every now and then my session times out, but not more than once every few months. :shrug:

Menokh
06-25-2002, 10:59 PM
I've have a theory.
It depends on the fact that cookies usually have expiration dates(and times) that browsers are supposed to follow, and the fact that this seems to happpen somewhat randomly.
My best guess is the cookies from VBB's don't have an expiration and Opera doesnt know what to do with these non-standard cookies.

Of course that theory sucks, and only makes an errie sort of half-sense.

And it only happens in the Windows version of Opera for me, the Linux version never does it. Perhaps a problem with some windows library Opera depends on?

Paradox
06-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by The Savior
IE sucks and Opera doesn't. :p Opera is faster, and has a bett interface IMO. I also have the timing out problem in Opera, and I have no clue as to what causes it.

so if ie sucks, why doesn't it time out liek opera does?:tongue:

Menokh
06-25-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Paradox

so if ie sucks, why doesn't it time out liek opera does?:tongue:

Because Ie ignores cookie time outs. just like it ignores all sorts of W3C requirments.