PDA

View Full Version : Mario Advance 3

NerdWarrior
06-25-2002, 06:00 PM
Suck it, suck it, bite my...uh...tail.

Nintendo is damn smart here. They've got me sold on this game already.
:kawaii:

What do you think of it? I think it already r0x0rs.

Masamune
06-25-2002, 06:08 PM
it was one of my favorite SNES games.

Mak-X
06-25-2002, 06:35 PM
I missed playing Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I didn't give it much time. I think I was mainly disappointed to see the next Mario game to star a baby Mario, and the graphic style. But looking back on it with screen shots, I want to play Yoshi's Island and it was really good. I thought about buying it yesterday at Gamestop but I didn't. I'd rather get the SNES version to play on my SNES and TV, though I'd be nice to have both so you could take your save on the go.

NerdWarrior
06-25-2002, 06:41 PM
Heh, you have to notice though, that the graphic style they used was ahead of their time. Cel-shading didn't become big until a few years later. And it's a very very very very long game to fully complete. Much more so than SMW. (I still liked the GBA version though)

Daarkseid
06-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Ok... Where the hell is SMB. 3!?

Mak-X
06-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Yoshi's Island doesn't use Cel-shading if that's what you meant. Yeah, the graphics in that game were something new and there was a lot of neat effects thanks to the FX chip. Things like the walls that come out from the background were neat.

I guess they're skipping it for now, Daarkseid, since they already went to Super Mario World. I thought they would use the title for a catchy marketing plan "Super Mario Advance 3: Super Mario Bros. 3". Maybe the team just wanted to skip SMB3 for now and go to SMW, or they want to go back and do something with SMB3, or save it for last.

NerdWarrior
06-25-2002, 07:07 PM
Mak: Whatever
Daark: Go back to your hole. We are talking about Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. They decided that they'd make more money of me than off you. :kawaii:

Daarkseid
06-25-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by NerdWarrior
Mak: Whatever
Daark: Go back to your hole. We are talking about Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. They decided that they'd make more money of me than off you. :kawaii:

I didn't care for Yoshi's Island... but I loved Super Mario Bros. 3...

If SMB. 3 isn't released on GBA, I'm holding you somehow responsible.

NerdWarrior
06-25-2002, 07:20 PM
:kawaii: No one knows where I live!

I'm sure it will be released on Gba sometime. *snigger*

Dark Jim
06-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I didn't care for Yoshi's Island... but I loved Super Mario Bros. 3...
Yeah that game was awesome. Better than the first 2 anyway. But Yoshi's Island was a great game too. I hope the 4th one will be SMB3. :(

AlexMax
06-25-2002, 08:17 PM
I would personally love to see a brand new Mario platformer.

Not Wario Land. That was close but no cigar.

Daarkseid
06-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
I would personally love to see a brand new Mario platformer.

Not Wario Land. That was close but no cigar.

Yeah... yeah that could be good if they somehow kept to the games like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World... none of this going through levels, having to collect several items. You make it to the end of the level and thats it, you're done, you move onto the next. If they want to hide items in levels to unlock more features in the game, that would be great, fine. But I don't want to have to go through the level searching all over the place, getting lost, trying to find a bunch of items so I can finish the level.

zables
06-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Hmm... ok i hate to ask, but what the heck is SMW3? is it just a re-make of the second super mario world that came out on SNES but instead its for GBA?

Daarkseid
06-25-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by zables
Hmm... ok i hate to ask, but what the heck is SMW3? is it just a re-make of the second super mario world that came out on SNES but instead its for GBA?

Not SMW 3, SMA3. Super Mario Advance 3, which is the third mario rerelease on GBA... though technically its not a mario game, its a Yoshi game, regardless of the fact it was called Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World 2. Sort of like how Wario Land 1 is Super Mario Land 3.

vegeta1215
06-26-2002, 02:56 AM
I really liked Yoshi's Island. The bosses were awesome, and collecting all the red coins and stuff, trying to get 100% on each level was really challenging (I think I got 100% on the first 4 worlds, and 100% on the last level against Bowser)

But, like Daark, I'm waiting for SMB 3. They had it on NP's upcoming release list, but I don't know what's going on now. I never really played SMB 3 staright through, I always warped. That's why I want a SMB Advance with SMB3. However, in my opinion, they already screwed it up. Think about it, if SMB 3 was in the next Mario Advance, it'd be called:

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3.

Am I the only one who thinks that sounds goofy? :tongue:

MottZilla
06-26-2002, 03:27 AM
They should ditch SMW2 and make a allstars quality SMB3 port to GBA. It's soooooooo much better.

zfreak2004
06-26-2002, 01:26 PM
SMW2 is an awesome game. I just dug that out recently and started playing. Just as fun as when I first got it, let me assure you.

MottZilla
06-26-2002, 04:21 PM
SMW2 sucks compared to SMB3.