PDA

View Full Version : What's the story?

Beldaran
06-25-2002, 01:30 PM
So I noticed that Phantom Menace recently stormed through. I was wondering, why would some one with such a good grasp of programming, who is able to make games exactly the way he wants them, give it up and dissappear? Why has he never made anything else? What drove him to give up doing the thing he loves?

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-25-2002, 01:32 PM
I think he got a family, these things happen. Women take up alot of your time etc, children, blah blah.

MottZilla
06-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Yes, he has a life that takes up his time most likely. Since most of you weren't around, you wouldn't know, near the last releases he wasn't able to work on ZC as much, developments sorta slowed down. But it was great while it lasted.

Maybe if he sees this he'll reply for himself.

me2
06-25-2002, 01:37 PM
He has a family. I think.

vegeta1215
06-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Jer made other things, little games and such. You can find them for download on his homepage (it's still up I think).

But, ZC was his baby. I joined shortly after he released 1.84, the last version he made. It was great chatting with him while he was around, and it was saddening to see him go (esp since the ZC forums got really quiet for a month or two), but life goes on. I'm just glad he's still thinking about everyone here.