PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi's Safari/Super Scope

Mak-X
06-24-2002, 09:56 PM
I bought Yoshi's Safari today and I think I own all the Super Scope games for SNES worth owning. I think I should have spent the $10 on something else though, oh well.

Yoshi's Safari is OK as a average light gun game for the masses, but its mediocre compared to Metal Combat and even Battle Clash. Its like a kids Battle Clash or a less intense Battle Clash. The thing that sets Yoshi's Safari from the other Super Scope light gun games is that it uses Mode 7 graphics, like Super Mario Kart, to move the player through the levels. You play Mario riding on Yoshi's back shooting with a Super Scope. The gameplay is mainly shooting every enemy that comes on the screen while watching that your shot meter doesn't run out from shooting too much. There are some areas where you have to jump from land to land when you walk over a jump arrow. Multiple paths in the levels will lead to minibosses or other enemies. The bosses at the end of a level are the Koopa Kids in a robot, Battleclash style, along with other enemies like a Magi-Koopa and Boos. Bowser is the final boss, and the only time I died during the game because I missed the Koopa shells being thrown at me. Once you beat the game, a second, harder quest opens up just like other Super Scope games, but I haven't played it yet.

I got home and just played through the entire game in one sitting and I probably won't play it again. Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge is the best Super Scope game.

The Silent Assassin
06-24-2002, 09:58 PM
I used to have it...I thought it was ok. I miss it and Super Scope!

Mak-X
06-24-2002, 10:01 PM
If you haven't ever played Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge for the Super Scope, its the only reason to own one, throw the other games away (even Battle Clash, the first game because MC is a big improvement).

I bought the Super Scope, Battle Clash, Metal Combat, and Super Scope 6 (game) when I still had Funcoland nearby years ago for about $25. I just had the urge to buy this SNES accessory that I had missed out on.

MottZilla
06-24-2002, 10:16 PM
I bought the super scope, super scope 6, battle clash, and yoshi's safari all from funcoland's warehouse catalog back in the day. I think it totaled about 36$s. Later I aquired, for free, metal combat. I also got NGT from there but anyways... The super scope is awesome. And battleclash is still a great game, and you should have both that and metal combat :p MC uses the OC something chip I think, it does some neat stuff I believe.

Anyways... I wish they had supported the SS more.

Dracula
06-24-2002, 11:44 PM
I had Super Scope 6 and Yoshi's Safari. I liked em' both, but... I gave em' away... They're useless, IF YOUR GUN BREAKS!!! Oh well... Then there's ZSNES, compatible with a PC light gun, so that's good.

Brasel
06-25-2002, 03:24 AM
Me and my brother played Yoshi's Safari cause it was a two player game. One person controlled Yoshi and the other would control Mario with the super scope. It was fun for the most part...until we grew out of it. We beat it on both levels and wondered why they hell they called Toadstool, Peach.

Dart Zaidyer
06-25-2002, 12:43 PM
Super Scope games rock. too bad I don't have any... =/