PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Starting Out!

Golden_Bolt
06-24-2002, 07:31 PM
This subject was posted and displayed in many other places, but I still cant figure the problem out...

Every time I want to play, after I click "Start Game" (or something like that), A message pops up saying that the first map is missing. (1st.qst) I have all the files in one folder, and nothing seems to be missing or corrupted. What's wrong? I dont understand! I have everything right, but obviously something's wrong!

Please help me!
Im lost!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

psycho77
06-26-2002, 03:45 PM
Just hit "a" i believe it is to start a custom quest and then choose the first quest. I had the same error and thats how i did it.

JayeM
06-26-2002, 08:56 PM
This isn't a bug. Moving to ZC Discussion.

Thunderbird
06-27-2002, 12:10 AM
One of the menus (I forget which one, think it's the rightmost one) has the Quest Dir option. Chances are it's incorrect. You'll have to change it to the directly where ZC resides. Or if you're like me, open the AG.CFG file and change it there ;).

DragonFang
06-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Have you been playing any custom quest not in you ZC folder? If you have then where ever you last played a quest from is where the ZC is going to look for any quest. So to fix this... create a new guy and select custom quest... then find the folder with the 1st.qst file in it then your problems fixed.
(only thing is if you want to go back to the other quest you were playing you have to instead find the folder with the quest you want in it)

Elemental Knight
06-28-2002, 02:11 PM
ZC's set up to try and grab the FIrst Quest off of the internet, which it shouldn't be trying to do, as ZC isn't a browser. Click 'Browse" and find your Zelda Classic folder. Hit "1st.qst" and you're on your way.

K-Teclis
06-29-2002, 09:09 AM
If you played a quest that wasn't in the ZC folder, ZC believes that the 1st.qst is in that folder as well...
you have to change the folder by browsing to the right folder..

Golden_Bolt
06-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Thunderbird:

"One of the menus (I forget which one, think it's the rightmost one) has the Quest Dir option. Chances are it's incorrect. You'll have to change it to the directly where ZC resides. Or if you're like me, open the AG.CFG file and change it there ."

I opened the file (AG.CFG) using the notepad app. What files or "nodes" should I change? or is there any changing?