PDA

View Full Version : Freezing problem

cuttooth
06-24-2002, 06:53 PM
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the bugs section...figured I would try here first.

I have Zelda Classic v 1.90...I just discovered the program a few days ago and am very excited about it. I've been trying to play someone's custom quest (Triforce of Courage) but I find I have to kill myself and save every time I do something because ZC freezes up my computer all the time and I keep losing my game.

Does anyone have any suggestions about things I could try to stop my computer from freezing? I'm using Windows 98. I've tried to run the program in MS DOS mode (and I downloaded that special DOS file) but it doesn't load up all the way. My computer isn't the newest, but it never really has freezing problems other than with ZC.

THanks so much.

Rob

Jigglysaint
06-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Here's a suggestion: Get the newest public beta with a ton of stuff. Keep in mind that it does run slower than 1.90 on low-end computers but you can't play games for 1.90 on beta 163 unless the author converts the quest.

DarkSFK
06-25-2002, 12:21 AM
That would be a pain to convert down........ Remaking the quest all over! Making it go up and adding new features would be much easier.