PDA

View Full Version : Sir, we've captured a Tie interceptor!

Cronic
06-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Rogue Leader help needed... I've followed walkthroughs, but for some reason the Tie interceptor never takes off in the imperial academy day mission... And as we all know I'm more a fan of the empire anyway =P

So I need this bad boy in my hanger...

I just need to capture it during the day time.

Any help?

Mak-X
06-24-2002, 05:23 PM
I never figured it out. I asked a while back on the forum and the response was you have to stun one taking off in another area as it lifts off, but I don't think you can do that, Warlock couldn't do it either. I think you can only steal it at night. Once you complete both night and day sides, I think you can use it in Triumph of the Empire, but its too slow.

Oh I guess you can then if thays how you get it in the hanger.

Cronic
06-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Hmmm... I will take this Interceptor! And then I'll let you all know how =)

Dracula
06-24-2002, 06:01 PM
You can only take the TIE durring night, I believe... I'll try to find out if there is a way.

Cronic
06-24-2002, 06:15 PM
Every FAQ I've seen says that you must steal it during both and beat the original 10 missions to unlock it in the rebel hanger... there are too many details for there to not be a way ;)

Warlock
06-24-2002, 06:28 PM
No, you MUST take it both day and night. The day one is messed up tho.. I don't know, I think the whole thing is fucked up.. I had a bitch of a time capturing him, and eventually did it via luck.. it involves flying off to some extra area, and shooting him with an ion cannon a bunch of times.. he is supposed to land after a bunch of shots, but the bastard never lands! You have to mess around with it I guess and hope it works

The Silent Assassin
06-24-2002, 06:31 PM
You can only get it during the night raid. Edit: Oh, that one! Yes, USE THE ION CANON but you have to let it fly off for awhile

You can use it in the "Triumph of the Empire", but as Mak said, it sucks as. Besides, Vader's ship has infinite of those homing missiles.

You can also just use the cheat code to use it on certain missions.

The best ship in the game is the Naboo Fighter, I fucked up the Star Destroyer in 1:01.

Cronic
06-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Well I don't wish to cheat my way through this one, and I know that once I collect it during the day mission I can use it elsewhere, but I need to know if there's anything special to do in order to make the Tie take off... like entering from a certain side or something.

when you go by the last censor I break left through the smaller canyon... should I loop around from the right then?

MottZilla
06-24-2002, 06:49 PM
Try gamefaqs.com maybe. And DC, get on aim plz. :p

Cronic
06-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Gotta leave work so no aim fo you buddy =P

And Gamefaqs is what leads me to belive it works, but they don't help for some odd reason =/

Edit: Ok here's the deal...

Found one laying on the ground closer to the academy than the one you steal at night... did I have to shoot it? Wait for it to take off?

NO...

It already had the insignia on it and it opens it up for many other levels... I can't believe I used a Tie to take down a star destroyer ;)