PDA

View Full Version : Demo of an interesting concept...

Happyman
06-24-2002, 03:35 PM
Click here (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zelda-classic/files/Quests/levelup.qst)

This little demo is interesting. It's not a demo of one of my quests, because good god, this quest would suck!

Don't worry, it's not part of a quest. It's supposed to illustrate a concept never introduced into ZC. (Well, I did in some other thread...)

Experience points.

It's quite simple. Convert all rupies to experience points. Make shops your "Levelup" areas.

Basically, you kill all enemies on the screen to get a "20 rupy item", "50 rupy item", or "200 rupy item".

There would be "Attack Levelups". In the demo, the "Attack Levelup" shop sells the white sword for 200 Experience, the Magic sword for 400 experience, and the Master sword for 750 experience.

In my upcoming quest using this concept, I hope to convert the item sprite for the white sword to say Lv2 Atk, the magic sword to say Lv3 Atk, and the master sword to say Lv4 Atk.

It would also have Life Levelups. In the demo, pieces of heart are 30 experience, but the entire heart container is 100 experience.

There are 9 types of shops:
Attack(swords)
Defense(rings)
Life(HCs)
Shield(shield, duh)
Magic(Magic Container, wand)
Projectile(arrows)
Stunner(boomerangs)
Explosive(bombs & upgrades)
Exp+(wallets)

This demo is tough, and it's just to explain the concept. I would like some feedback on it.

1426/10000 characters! Wow!

C-Dawg
06-24-2002, 03:52 PM
<shrug>

It's just semantics. Call it rupies or exp points... it acts exactly the same way. Not much of a new idea.

-C

Kairyu
06-24-2002, 05:03 PM
Jigglysaint already has a quest where rupeeds are experience points instead.

Dark_Xero
06-24-2002, 05:59 PM
This sound interesting, i'll try it out

Balister
06-26-2002, 01:02 AM
I would defenetly say that it is quite an interesting concept. The demo kinda reminds me of SmashTV.

Spike
06-26-2002, 01:05 AM
Sounds, fun. I may make a quest like this when I get around to it.

Happyman
06-26-2002, 08:05 AM
A quest like this is coming, in about 5 years. :)

K-Teclis
06-26-2002, 08:56 AM
... I used HC pieces as Ex.Points..
If the Bar is full, you get a heart!