PDA

View Full Version : Duel Boost

me2
06-23-2002, 10:56 PM
My dad's thinking of adding a duel boost to my computer. On one option, I'll have windows XP. On the other one, I'll have Mandrake Linux. Do you or do you want to have a duel boost? A duel boost is when you have 2 OS's on one computer. On option A, you have one Open Source. I think you get it now...

Menokh
06-23-2002, 10:59 PM
It's dual boot. I presently dual boot WinME and Mandrake. I use Linux more often, but use Windows primarily for Zelda Classic.

Dual booting is a great idea if you're not sure about Linux. And since your dad is installing Mandrake, I trust he knows what he's doing(although you prolly could do it, as long as you knew about partitions). Have fun with it.

Lom2000
06-23-2002, 10:59 PM
XP

theplustwo
06-23-2002, 11:06 PM
I have XP dual booting with XP, using Bootmagic.

I use one when mom is home, and the other when she is away (like right now)

Daarkseid
06-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Yeah... the word is Dual, as in two, not duel. A duel is a confrontation between two individuals or sides.

slothman
06-24-2002, 12:20 AM
So he is having to Boosts's fight each other. I would probably use Partition Magic to create seperate partitions for different OS'es. Then they won't collide in the root directory.

King Link
06-24-2002, 12:24 AM
I only run Win98, although this is a cool and interesting idea. I didn't know about these dual boosts.

Hessian
06-24-2002, 01:39 AM
Heh I don't know how she did it, but when we reinstalled windows, my mom installed it twice (I was at the convention). When you logged on it gave you the option of logging into Windows Xp or Windows Xp. Heh

Good Idea if you like linux. I personally wouldn't go through the trouble.