PDA

View Full Version : Mario Advance 2

Masamune
06-23-2002, 08:48 PM
if you're hoping this is an exact copy of Super Mario World then uhhh... you're wrong i guess. this game makes you choose between mario or luigi both having wierd liitle skills that makes things harder. mario is faster, a faster flyer, and when he rides yoshi, yoshi automaticly swallows everything except shells. luigi can jump and fly higher, shoot bouncier fireballs, and it takes a moment for yoshi to swallow anything. it's still pretty cool though and it has all the old secrets. (all of which i remember, including the top secret area)

Daarkseid
06-23-2002, 08:52 PM
No, that IS Super Mario World. Thats the version that was included with the SNES/Super Mario Allstars bundle, as part of Super Mario All Stars.

In the original release with the SNES, Mario and Luigi were identical, but in the Super Mario All-Stars/SNES release, they had different graphics and abilities.

And with either version, Yoshi did automatically swallow things unless they were shells, and those shells would take awhile to swallow.

Go back and find a real reason why this isn't Super Mario World.

Mak-X
06-23-2002, 08:58 PM
! The SMW/SMA cart version of SMW was different? I didn't know that.

Yes, Yoshi always swallowed everything automatically except for Koopa Shells. The only thing Yoshi could spit out was Koopa shells and fire.

I think they made this version easier too by having Mario go back to Super Mario after getting hit when he's Fire Mario or Cape Mario, like they did with SMB 3. In the original Super Mario World Mario would go back to being small, regular Mario when hit.

The only reason I haven't picked up the Game Boy Advance/Color versions of the Mario games is because I already have them for my NES and SNES, and I'm not dying to play them. The new changes they make in the GBA games are a welcome addition to me. The differences between Mario and Luigi started with Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan)/The Lost Levels, where Mario was more solid and jumped like normal, while Luigi jumped higher than Mario. I hope there is some new stuff in the Zelda 3 port.

Lom2000
06-23-2002, 09:02 PM
i have the game and I think everything masamune described is right

theplustwo
06-23-2002, 10:16 PM
If you are mario the game controls the same as the SNES version, other than turning back into super mario after getting hit if you have a power up.

I like the new 'floaty' luigi jump, it sets him apart and is easyier (you can jump really far.

AlexMax
06-23-2002, 10:33 PM
I've beaten both SMA2 and SMW, and they significatnly dumbed down the difficulty of SMA2 because of one minor change.

Being hit while caped or fire mario only made you 'super', not 'tiny'.

by the way, was the origional SMB3 the same way, or did Allstars dumb down SMB3?

Mak-X
06-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Super Mario Bros. 3 was the same way (NES). Fire Mario->Super Mario->Mario. They did that for the U.S. to make it easier.

Daarkseid
06-23-2002, 11:03 PM
The only dumbed down thing about SMB. 3 in Super Mario All-Stars is the fact you can save your game and then restart from where you save. In the NES original you had to beat the game in one sitting.

Mak-X
06-23-2002, 11:12 PM
I dunno if I ever beat SMB3 in one sitting all the way through. I think I'd usually quit on Ice Land or Pipe Land. You needed warp whistles for that game back then.

On that subject, where's Super Mario Bros. 3 for Game Boy Advance?! They've skipped it so far, and Yoshi's Island is coming next. Maybe they're saving it for some overhaul, but in terms of game evolution, they should have released it before Super Mario World, because SMW was basically better than SMB3. There was a SMB3 tune in Luigi's Mansion, a Super Mario Bros. 3 track in SSBM, and a couple of SMB3 trophies in SSBM. Heh, the trophy description for Raccon Mario even compares the power up to Super Mario World's cape because SMW came out for GBA. It's like they keep hinting at the game but haven't released it.

mrz84
06-23-2002, 11:19 PM
maybe its one of those secret porjects they're working on. *wink wink* but anyways, i think that the differences are not that important. :kawaii: and on a side note..... go to the Official Bar-Buddies Thread. link is in my siggy. :kawaii:

Daarkseid
06-24-2002, 01:43 AM
Super Mario Advance 3 will be released sometime later this year or the next. Its supposed to be just a GBA port of Super Mario Bros. 3, which will probably utilize the graphics from the SMA version. It will no doubt have a few changes to go with a new port.

Mak-X
06-24-2002, 02:42 AM
Yeah but I thought Yoshi's Island was coming next...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561566,00.html

Yes, Super Mario Advance 3 is going to be Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I was thinking they were going to do Super Mario Bros. 3 next too. I hope they don't make Yoshi's Story a SMA game unless they totally overhaul it, because Yoshi's Story is coming eventually too.

KingArthur
06-24-2002, 12:56 PM
SMA3 IS yoshi's Island. It was provent to be such at E3, SM3 hasnt even been officially announced (yet) :(

Tygore
06-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
No, that IS Super Mario World. Thats the version that was included with the SNES/Super Mario Allstars bundle, as part of Super Mario All Stars.

SMW in All-Stars? What? All I remember it having is SMB1, 2(US and Japan[aka lost levels]) and 3.

ZeldaLord
06-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Yeah but I thought Yoshi's Island was coming next...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561566,00.html

Yes, Super Mario Advance 3 is going to be Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I was thinking they were going to do Super Mario Bros. 3 next too. I hope they don't make Yoshi's Story a SMA game unless they totally overhaul it, because Yoshi's Story is coming eventually too.

I heard they were including YS instead of Mario bros., but I may be wrong...:rolleyes:

Mak-X
06-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
SMW in All-Stars? What? All I remember it having is SMB1, 2(US and Japan[aka lost levels]) and 3.

Later in the SNES' life it came with a cartridge that had Super Mario World AND Super Mario Allstars on it, kinda like Super Mario Bros. and Duckhunt on the NES.

Originally posted by ZeldaLord
I heard they were including YS instead of Mario bros., but I may be wrong...:rolleyes:

It's Mario Bros. again. All the Super Mario Advance games can link up to play multiplayer Mario Bros. I think Yoshi's Story would have taken up too much space with Yoshi's Island anyways.

Maverick_Zero
06-24-2002, 07:55 PM
I liked Yoshi's story and since I don't own i might buy it but I hope they re relaease Super Mario RPG that would be sweet.

ZeldaLord
06-25-2002, 07:38 PM
RPG wasn't that good actually...