PDA

View Full Version : Reformation

Beldaran
06-23-2002, 12:13 AM
Well, I f#$*%ed up my computer and had to reformat. I forgot how fun it is to reformat. Your computer is all fresh and clean after you do it. Ah. I like it. Now if I could only clean my damn room.:laughing:

Drunken Tiger
06-23-2002, 12:18 AM
I hate reformatiing my comp because i dont have a CD Burner... But either way you lose quite alot of stuff from formatting..

slothman
06-23-2002, 12:46 AM
I have a list of everything I do to get my computer back the way it was before a format. But in case I also have an exact copy of the drive. I do like it removing all that "junk" from my comp. It often goes faster after a reformat. And of course there is more space.

Beldaran
06-23-2002, 12:51 AM
Yes, I agree...it is faster.

I always find that 99% of the stuff I lose in a reformat is just worthless shit anyway. I usually burn my favorite songs and important files onto a couple of of discs, and then just light the rest on fire. It's fun.:)

Hermit
06-23-2002, 02:59 AM
It's fun when you intentionaly do it. When you do it after being forced to, it majorly sucks (like say from viral infection or some other total system fuckup).

I have been forced to reformat due to 1 viral infection and 2 major Windows malfunctions of the years. But reformatting of your own free will is quite liberating and enjoyable ;)

goKi
06-23-2002, 08:10 AM
i format cause my computer isnt running at 100% speed

at the moment it is still running at high 90%'s
i love formatting, i just copy over the network, but formatting 20gb takes a long time :).

SSJ3500
06-23-2002, 11:03 AM
I had the klez virus a while ago, but wiped my hard drive last friday (not the 21st). Its actually pretty good, I was on my last gig or so, now I have about 15 gigs left.

Happyman
06-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Klez is nasty!

Never reformatted...:(

Menokh
06-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Reformatting sucks.
But with Windows it is needed sometimes due to viruses and bugs.
I usually format my WindowsME partition every 3 months to keep it at full speed.

One more reason why I like Linux and Unix, no need to reformat.