PDA

View Full Version : If NE1 can help, it's you guys.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Well, I am having a problem with my game controller for my computer. About two weeks ago, it suddenly started freezing in the middle of games for every game I have. At first, I thought it was the usb port, so I checked all of the others, and it still did it. Then I thought the control might be broke, so I tried my joystick, and it did the same thing. I went into the device manager, and when it is plugged, it says it is working correctly. There were some question marks next to the usbs, and when i removed and reinstalled them, they still had them, so i updated the drivers. But, the problem is still there. I think my computer might be missing some shared files, because other things stopped working too. Zip files, aol, my lil sister's game, and other wierd stuff. I don't want to reinstall windows until I get a cd burner, because i have over 300 song files. 1.9 gigs I think. I also have a ton of Zelda Classic quests that I don't want to lose. My computer still has plenty of memory. I don't know what to do. All I know, is that the knew version of Zelda Classic is getting closer and closer, and if it doesn't work by then, there is going to be some hell to pay...I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks! BTW DO NOT TELL ME TO USE THE KEYBOARD. I HATE USING THE KEYBOARD! LOL

plith
06-22-2002, 11:59 PM
Bah. I'm stuck using the keyboard all the time. Why should I suffer any more than you? Do you think you're so special? WELL YOU'RE NOT! NYAH NYAH!

By the way, if anyone can help, then you wouldn't be coming to us with this problem.

slothman
06-23-2002, 12:52 AM
If you make a second drive then you won't lose everything. You can use Partition Magic to do so "on the fly", that is without undoing your first drive. You can also get a second physical drive. You could use that as a backup as well.

DukenukemX
06-23-2002, 01:56 AM
Well we need some more info on your PC. Is it running Win98 or 2000? What is the motherboard chipset your using?

The problem must be that the drivers for your USB port are not installed or driver files are missing. When you look at the properties of the usb controller look to see what the error is? It could say drivers are not completely installed or a single file is missing.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-23-2002, 06:17 PM
Well, I am running Windows Me. I have no idea what motherboard chipset i'm using. The error was that some aspects of the usb ports might not be working. But that went away when i updated the drivers. If I partition the drive, I can bring it back together, right? Also, how hard would that be? I don't know why I'm even asking...My parents wouldn't let me...