PDA

View Full Version : Mmxbn2

obi
06-22-2002, 09:04 PM
I finally decided to get a GBA emu for my slow PC< the games, I knew would run slow but due to some of the games I have seen, I knew that it would be worth it.
I got myself Visuall boy advance which happened to play all of my GB roms as well, so I promptly deleted rew and No$gmb. Two fine emulators, but they cower in the likes o the latest version of Visual boy. In fact I recomend it ;)

But anyways, I then managed to only find a working MMXBN2 rom, this is sertianly not a bad thing but I was hoping for more.

I start up the game to find I'm controlling some wierd kid who is using Megaman more like a Digimon then anything and it turns out that it is completely different from the other Megaman games, 'but thats okay. I already have the others' I thought. As I continued to play, I stumbled upon the menu screen, something new yet strangely farmiliar, at first Ihave n Idea on what to do but I persist. Nicey, the in-game tutorials are short and easy to follow and soon enough I am having fun'deleting' as many metool's as possible. I finally meet up with Gutsman and Roll and 'follow' them to get my Zlicense. Playing with the chips is fun and I realy like the game.

I was wondering, any secret items, any hints for a beginner such as my self?

mrz84
06-22-2002, 09:16 PM
i wouldn't know, rockman zero is the only gba rom i have and i haven't had the time to play since i got my own ps1 about 3 or 4 weeks ago. been busy playing final fantasy 9. the songs are so... :kawaii:! i'd ask the names of some of the songs but then i'd be off topic. but anyways, i haven't played mmbn1 yet so i can't even help ya obi. anyways, thats all i can do. besides this. :kawaii:

obi
06-23-2002, 07:35 AM
Heh, what do you know, I'm having problems already...

I'm at the campsite, I need to shoo the bees, I have found the lighter and the paper, so why can't I use them on the bees?

Kairyu
06-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Well, normally I'd suggest getting the actual game and using the manual, but no one listens when I say that so I guess that's not the type of advice people will hear. Oh well.

First of all, it's MMBN 2, not MMXBN2. It's seperate from all three other series, as each series is seperate from the others. The story makes a lot more sense if you've played MMBN 1, but that's really not what you wanna know, is it? Oh well, again.

Well, I'll tell you your problem, despite the aforementined objections I've got. You're missing something. Explore every nook and cranny of that screen to find the Stick. Combined, you'll create a flaming stick used to scare bees away. Remember your investigational skills used to find these items. You'll need them on the next screen to get past a "Bear", and later to stop a certain nature lover with a high IQ and a strange idea that blowing a dam to pieces will HELP save a forest from humanity... His navi is pretty tough-He can deflect anything you throw at him if he's not preoccupied with attacking or moving, and his desparation attack can't be avoided without some quick footwork and a good starting postion.

obi
06-24-2002, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I took him out after a while, thanks. I'm now taking the exam for my Alicense, w00t. :)

Kairyu
06-24-2002, 09:08 AM
Good luck! I'm fighting Gutsman V3 to get a GutsmanV3 chip or two before my flight to Netopia.

By the way... about styles. Does anyone know if you can get new styles while equipped with other ones, or do you have to be in Megaman.Exe style? As much as I love WoodShield style, I'd like a SomethingNavi style as my backup.

By the way, do you ALWAYS start with WoodShield? Because I literally had not used a single wood-type chip before getting that style as my first one, and my most-used offensive chips were the ones you get from Spikeys and Spikey2s... And I used them to finish off almost every enemy (With a Fire +40 as your default chip, it's not too hard...)