PDA

View Full Version : Space World 2002 Cancelled?!

King Link
06-22-2002, 04:12 PM
Apparently Nintendo, for the second time in two years, is cancelling the Space World Expo. A japanese magazine called Nintendo Dream says Nintendo, instead, will attend a number of smaller expos and conventions.

Mak-X
06-22-2002, 04:17 PM
I thought it was surprising at first, until I read that Spaceworld isn't a annual event. I think the last Spaceworld is where they showed off the first Gamecube titles, or was that E3. I wonder if Nintendo will be at the Tyoko Game Show, though I don't think Nintendo ever goes to that. I guess Nintendo has nothing major to show off that they didn't already show off at E3, with Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Starfox Adventures on the way. Not much new stuff they would have anyways until next year.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2871752,00.html

ZeldaLord
06-22-2002, 04:24 PM
wtf?!:angry: :eyebrow:

The Silent Assassin
06-22-2002, 06:14 PM
Space World is never anything special. Just E3.

mrz84
06-22-2002, 09:21 PM
well, smooosh my toes with a large mallet and call it a flapjack thats just something i didn't expect from them. they most likely have something big planned if they went and canceled like that. i wonder....i know! who wants to play dress up like a ninja an infitrate nintendo's hq to see their top secret projects? :kawaii:

ZeldaLord
06-23-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin

True, it's mostly just videos :( . :thumbsdn: @ Nintendo.

King Link
06-23-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by mrz84
well, smooosh my toes with a large mallet and call it a flapjack thats just something i didn't expect from them. they most likely have something big planned if they went and canceled like that. i wonder....i know! who wants to play dress up like a ninja an infitrate nintendo's hq to see their top secret projects? :kawaii:

That's what I thought. Yes, I prefer Nintendo over all other companies (i.e. Microsoft and Sony) but they keep saying they have a huge lineup of awesome new games coming up, but they can't show us and won't give us more information. And now they cancel Space World? I respect Nintendo, but they really need to step up their act.

Mak-X
06-23-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by King Link
Yes, I prefer Nintendo over all other companies (i.e. Microsoft and Sony) but they keep saying they have a huge lineup of awesome new games coming up, but they can't show us and won't give us more information. And now they cancel Space World? I respect Nintendo, but they really need to step up their act.

Nintendo showed their line up at E3. Their line up consists of

Starfox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
The Legend of Zelda
Mario Party 4
Wario's World
Metroid Fusion
Zelda GBA/The Four Swords

Starfox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, and The Legend of Zelda are Nintendo's big titles. Those are the awesome new games they have coming out. Nintendo doesn't usually have their big name games come out so close to each other. There's nothing to show on anymore games since they won't be out until next year or later.

Originally posted by The Silent Assassin

It depends on the Space World. Space World 2000 was where the first Gamecube demos were shown off including Super Mario 128, Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader, and Zelda. That space world was awesome because they first showed off the Gamecube.

mrz84
06-23-2002, 07:57 PM
well they could show us how they're doing. no dought, sony and 3rd party supporters would do the same thing if they had their own shows. :kawaii:

Daarkseid
06-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X

Nintendo showed their line up at E3...

It depends on the Space World. Space World 2000 was where the first Gamecube demos were shown off including Super Mario 128, Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader, and Zelda. That space world was awesome because they first showed off the Gamecube.

Yeah, I think Nintendo's already shown off most of their future stock of titles at E3, all they would show at Spaceworld is just more advanced footage of their current line up. Why the hell would they need to host their own large convention? Many smaller conventions would probably be cheaper and get Nintendo more exposure. I say good for Nintendo.