PDA

View Full Version : Quest Review: Triforce of Courage

Bellossom Boy
06-22-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm gonig to do a little review thing with some quests,so reply if you want to commeny on the quest I reviewed. Please don't close me,as I'm just trying to gie my opinion,and not SPAMing.

:reading: Triforce of Courage by Tony Brasel

Good Points: :) I completely enjoyed the quest so far(I've just reached Level 4) and I must say that the music was awesome! Using music from Actraiser,Chrono Trigger,Chrono Cross,and the DKC series was really neat!

The graphics were neat,and the way things were spread out were pretty good. I must compliment Tony on this good work.

Bad Points: :meanie: Level 3 was a bit too hard,with all the poison swamp. I had to re-continue SIX times before I had enough strength to get through it,and I still haven't been able to get past the Wizzrobes in the hidden area! :( Other than that little nitpick,there is nothing else too hard.

Overall: A good quest,I recommend trying it! ^_^

Zelda_Warrior
06-22-2002, 07:59 PM
I cant even get through level 2!I dont think that is a very good quest but again,its only an opinion.

Dark_Xero
06-22-2002, 09:13 PM
I didn't really like the game either, too hard.

K-Teclis
06-23-2002, 11:41 AM
It is very hard... and the whole design is old...
That was a hit... but now it is an oldy.. Not one of the great quests!

Elemental Knight
06-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Personally, I love it. The Wizzrobes are hard (damn Level 3...) but once you grab the Boots in Level 3, it's smooth sailing from there. Before you know it, you'll have the Hammer and an extra Heart Contianer (from four HCPs), and you'll be zipping around the overworld doing cool stuff.

Right now, though, I'm stuck. I can't find the Amulet. Any help?

Brasel
06-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Aww come on! Its not too hard! I get email complimenting me about it all the time...they also ask alot of questions. The most common trouble spot it level 6, then how to get into level 7.

Okay EK, the amulet is in the first part of level 6. What most people don't know is that there are in fact two enterances to level 6 almost like level 4. A couple screens south from the second level 4 enterance, there is a pond with a cave on the other side only reachable by hookshot. This is the enterance to level 6. You will find the amulet here. I hope I helped!

Nick
06-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by K-Teclis
It is very hard... and the whole design is old...
That was a hit... but now it is an oldy.. Not one of the great quests!

Hmm... maybe that's because it was made with something called 1.90. :eyebrow:

Also, it was a quest of the week. :thumbsup:

I liked the quest, but I only made it to level 4. I had to work on my quests after that and I had upgraded to 104 then up. I forgot about 1.90. To top it off, my save was lost when I swapped hard drives.

Brasel
06-27-2002, 08:03 PM
Yeah, 1.90 was awsome...I personally dislike all the new flashy stuff thats been added. I liked it better when using the ZQuest was simple, and my knowledge was enough to keep players happy, but now I'm too lazy to figure out all this new stuff and add a bunch of stuff to my quests.

Outlands was a great idea, but I got bored with it cause there was too much to add, and when I thought about returning to the project, my computer crashed and I lost the most recent beta of it.

Elemental Knight
06-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Ah, yeah, I have the Amulet now. Clever hiding it in Level 6, where you need it... Thanks for the help, man. Now I have to grab a Red Potion and go defeat the Patra (stupid Ghoma...)

Honestly, I don't think the quest is hard, but it's challenging. There's no stop in the action, and if you don't have a Red Potion, you're done for.

K-Teclis
06-28-2002, 11:04 AM
I know the quest very well!
I was a beta tester for it!
Some of the old quests are one of the best out there!!

Brasel
06-28-2002, 06:17 PM
K-Teclis did a pretty damn good job of beta testing for it too.

K-Teclis
06-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Life's funny..
In my newbie time it was my first quest I tested..
Now I have founded the Bugbuster team... :shrug:
It's cool!